Not applicable

Calista Tools Perfecter question

I have been using for about 3 weeks now...This morning I noticed that the ends of my hair are horrible!!! Has anyone else had this problem??

TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Calista Tools Perfecter question

Are you using a heat protectant on your hair? I don't use my Perfecter very much, but always use a heat protectant (WEN Styling Cream) whether I'm using that tool, an iron, or just my blow dryer.

Respected Contributor

No problems here.....however, I haven't used it that much. I found that it made my hair smooth and shiny.

I'm finding the 1" barrel is just not small enough for me, so it's going back. (I have short hair...similar to Jill's)

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

My ends did get a bit dry, but that does not deter me: I use heat protestant and trim every six weeks. I have shoulder length hair in long layers. Poodlepet
Respected Contributor

I use my Perfecter every day and haven't had any problems with the ends looking horrible. I rub a little Argon oil into my hair at night before bed and then wash and style in the morning.

Respected Contributor

I got the Perfecter from Ulta during the last 20% off sale.

It's a great smoothing tool, but I bought it more for curling. Does anyone have any tips for me to do that twirling thing to make the curls? I'm having trouble with getting the brush tangled and ending up with a straight section instead of a curl.

It's wonderful for controlling my bangs though!

~Enough is enough~
Respected Contributor

Mystyrion, it took me a little practice and watching Maria do it a few times. If you are using a heat protector, make sure it doesn't make your hair rough....I was looking forward to using Marias texture which was sold with The Perfector, but I can't use it because my hair gets stuck and tangled. While you are learning, use small sections of hair. Run the Perfector throught-shirt two times. Now, starting at your roots on that section, hold the Perfector so that the bottom of it is parallel to the floor. Slowly rotate it; it should be go through your hair smoothly, a and pull it down as you go keeping it parallel to the floor, spinning slowly as you go. Take it slow, and realize you are not wrapping the whole strand of hair around it the way you would if you were using a curling iron. If you try that, your hair will get tangled. There is a learning curve, but once you master it, it will be smooth sailing-and you will be spoiled! I am so spoiled by this thing, I am getting my curlers and irons off my vanity and into my closet-and might end up giving them away! Poodlepet
Frequent Contributor

I have to use on the medium heat setting .
Respected Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Poodlepet said: Mystyrion, it took me a little practice and watching Maria do it a few times. If you are using a heat protector, make sure it doesn't make your hair rough....I was looking forward to using Marias texture which was sold with The Perfector, but I can't use it because my hair gets stuck and tangled. While you are learning, use small sections of hair. Run the Perfector throught-shirt two times. Now, starting at your roots on that section, hold the Perfector so that the bottom of it is parallel to the floor. Slowly rotate it; it should be go through your hair smoothly, a and pull it down as you go keeping it parallel to the floor, spinning slowly as you go. Take it slow, and realize you are not wrapping the whole strand of hair around it the way you would if you were using a curling iron. If you try that, your hair will get tangled. There is a learning curve, but once you master it, it will be smooth sailing-and you will be spoiled! I am so spoiled by this thing, I am getting my curlers and irons off my vanity and into my closet-and might end up giving them away! Poodlepet

thank you poodlepet!

I think I was trying to wrap the whole section and taking too much hair at once. I have really thick hair and the two inches they recommend just may be way too much.

~Enough is enough~
Valued Contributor

How do you clean it? Thanks!