Honored Contributor

According to a short article I just came across this is an effective sunscreen that is taken orally. Has anyone done any reading on this? Apparently it also gives you a slight, natural looking, tan!

Perricone endorses it (supposedly).

I will spend more time looking in to it later but right now I'm at work {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

I used to take it for my aching knees, but found it sure made my skin look great.

I still have some left over from the summer, so I'm gonna take right now!! Thanks for the reminder. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor
On 9/29/2014 rina33 said:

I used to take it for my aching knees, but found it sure made my skin look great.

I still have some left over from the summer, so I'm gonna take right now!! Thanks for the reminder. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

did it help the inflammation? did it change the color of your skin? what exactly did you notice? And last but not least: where did you find it and for how much??

Honored Contributor

I take it daily for long time, see no skin changes or any changes in body.

Respected Contributor

I took it and liked it, but found that it was causing insomnia for me.

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/29/2014 Shelbelle said:

I take it daily for long time, see no skin changes or any changes in body.

It's a great antioxidant, even if you don't notice any changes. I also take it.

Andreatoo, I've read about other internal "sunscreens" -- the colored fruits, the colored teas, the colored vegetables...

Sound nutrition is important because it does assist in environmental exposures.

Honored Contributor

I like that it is naturally derived.

Thank you for your responses. I will do some research to see if it truly protects...

Honored Contributor

Sea Buckthorn Berry Oil is also a wonderful supplement for skin health inside and out.

Honored Contributor

It is an antioxidant that is part of a product I take for heart health but I've never experienced any skin changes which I am happy about as I like the color of my skin as is. Smiley Happy

Although I've read studies that show it supports the skin/body's ability to fight sun damage, I would never ever rely on it as my sole "sunscreen" or sun protection- I will always wear an additional SPF every day, rain or shine. Eating certain foods and drinking certain drinks definitely can't hurt in supporting our skin's natural defense against free radical damage but it cannot provide the degree of protection a sunscreen can.

Honored Contributor
On 9/29/2014 HappyDaze said:

It is an antioxidant that is part of a product I take for heart health but I've never experienced any skin changes which I am happy about as I like the color of my skin as is. Smiley Happy

Although I've read studies that show it supports the skin/body's ability to fight sun damage, I would never ever rely on it as my sole "sunscreen" or sun protection- I will always wear an additional SPF every day, rain or shine. Eating certain foods and drinking certain drinks definitely can't hurt in supporting our skin's natural defense against free radical damage but it cannot provide the degree of protection a sunscreen can.

ITA.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland