Super Contributor

Does anyone get permanents or body wave anymore?

Just wondering.... my hair is a little curly/frizzy. I think a body wave/perm might control it a bit. Am I off base?

Occasional Contributor

Re: Does anyone get permanents or body wave anymore?

I just got a body wave this past Friday and so far I'm loving it. It's nothing like a perm. It just gave a soft bounce and fullness to my hair...just what it needed.
Super Contributor

On 9/28/2014 seaswirl said:

Just wondering.... my hair is a little curly/frizzy. I think a body wave/perm might control it a bit. Am I off base?

I dont know any stylists that still do body waves/perms these days, but it might just be my area...or the salon I go to.

Another idea, that I have had done, is an agave treatment - it slightly straightens your hair and gets rid of the frizz. Doesn't ruin your hair, makes it healthier.

Honored Contributor

I have a perm. I have shoulder length hair. I like it because I have a good hair day everyday with little effort. Doesn't matter to me if others are still getting them or not. I'm not a morning person and would prefer sleeping those extra 15 minutes than blow drying my hair. I put some curl definer in and by the time I get to work, it's dry.
Frequent Contributor

My beautician told me recently that perms are making a come back.
Respected Contributor

If you want a perm you should get it but I never see anyone at the current hair salon that I go to getting them. Most people today just have some type of straightening done, similar to what F1wild mentioned above.

Do you ever see anyone getting a perm at your current salon? You can also google salons in your area and try to find good reviews for body wave/perms.

Honored Contributor

It could backfire and you could end up with worse frizz, consider a keratin like treatment to get rid of the frizz

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

My 90 year old mom gets one every three months. I won't event consider getting one because I've yet to recover from Tonette Trauma.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/28/2014 adelle38 said:

My 90 year old mom gets one every three months. I won't event consider getting one because I've yet to recover from Tonette Trauma.

this made me laugh.....I remember those.....hahaha....

Honored Contributor

I get body to hold my shoulder hair up. If it rains, my hair won't hold curl. I'd rather do that than use a ton of product and do more washing! I wash twice weekly and have highlights.