Valued Contributor

I don't know about you, but I think they would certainly be helpful on these treads. A whole lot better than constantly going, "I totally agree with so-and-so", don't you? HSN community uses smiley faces. Smile

Super Contributor

I'm not sure how I feel about that. On one hand, it would provide a quick and easy way to endorse another poster's opinion. On the other hand, all the "likes" would just become redundant on a thread, and give posters no reason to write responses.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been thinking that for years

I agree on both comments............lol

Esteemed Contributor

I just do if I like it.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

No. If there is the ability for only "members" to like, there will be some who will join with aliases to like themselves…over, and over, and over, again.

Super Contributor

I think I read somewhere that they purposely do not do something like that because they want to encourage more verbal participation. If you could like everything, them you would be less likely to respond. Makes for better communication.

Super Contributor
On 9/28/2014 bbluvr said:

I think I read somewhere that they purposely do not do something like that because they want to encourage more verbal participation. If you could like everything, them you would be less likely to respond. Makes for better communication.

I would agree.

Respected Contributor

I totally agree. It would be much easier to follow a thread.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of that type of voting on message boards. And I really don't have a problem with the ""ITA"" posts I come across. They don't seem to bog a thread down at all.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Actually, I was thinking of doing it inside the poster's comment, not as a separate reply.