Valued Contributor

Estee Lauder Perfectionist Foundation

Because I travel so much, I try to have two of everything: one for home and one to keep in my suitcase. I love Chanel Vitalumiere - and I have tried tons and tons of foundation for my dry, dry, sensitive skin. Most everything ends up emphasizing dry spots. Chanel doesn't.

I have never purchased Estee Lauder before. I stopped by the counter in Macy's a few weeks ago asking about foundation for dry skin. The SA did a color match - she swiped three colors on my face. The middle swatch I could not see at all, as it was a perfect match. Never, ever have I had a foundation do that. It was the precise color of my face - Ivory Beige.

I have used it for several weeks now and I love it. Coverage is medium and the finish is beautiful and smooth Because it is the best color match I have ever had, it also looks completely natural. It feels so smooth on my skin, too.

Just wanted to recommend this foundation. It is truly great stuff!

Respected Contributor

Re: Estee Lauder Perfectionist Foundation

I was just thinking about this foundation as winter is coming upon us! I need coverage, but the Double wear is too dry for my skin. This stuff sounds wonderful - I am going to check it out at my EL counter.

I'm glad you got such a good color match - that's half the battle! Thanks for the review.

Honored Contributor

My sister-in-law just bought some last week. She loves it and she is not a make-up junkie like me. Then while looking through a magazine, I found a sample (too dark for me) and tried it. My face felt like velvet.

Valued Contributor

I think you will like it! I asked about Double Wear and the SA said it was not for dry skin.

Super Contributor

Thank you for the recommendation! i am looking for a good foundation and I love estee' lauder! I will check it out!

Respected Contributor

I tried the sample in the magazine, too. Applied it like I always apply my foundation & in 10 minutes my eyes were on fire. Red & itching! It was awful. I have never had a reaction to anything like that. Washed it off & my eyes were fine soon after.

Super Contributor

I had to return mine. First time I ever returned a foundation. I found that it made my skin even more dry. I am now trying out the Dior Star and the YSL Fusion Ink.

I think my favorites are still the Revlon Colorstay for dry skin and Estee Lauder's Invisible Fluid.