Trusted Contributor
I've found gold! After reaching the " can't take it any more" point with relaxers I cut all the chemically treated hair off. Me and a pair of craft scissors in the bathroom mirror. The problem then was what to do with it. I'd forgotten how wiry it is. Didn't remember anything about how Mom took care of it except the vinegar rinse, curled knots and HairRep and smoking straightening comb , clacking curling rod and burning newspaper. Then I tried everything on the shelves, finally giving WEN a try. Why not, nothing else was working wonders. Tried fig first. My scalp burned so much I had to wash it out. Sometime later I tried six thirteen and tea tree. Wow! Progress! Softer, I could even get a fork thru my DRY hair. Then , following Chaz's directions, adding my own rescue mixture of purified argan oil, Shea butter, jojoba oil and sweet almond oil I used the blow dryer with attached comb, and the root straightener. On a whim I used WEN balm as a straightening cream and found the BEST treatment combination ever. Worth more than any of the salon remedies, WEN balm gives the flat iron and edge straightener something to sizzle on , achieving the same effect as sizzling petrolium Hair Rep in the old days. So , I know it works on finger through curl days and the sleek, straightened, curled days - the fried and dyed and laid to the side days! My hair feels wonderful, no greasy you've been pressed feel, no barbed wire hair dryer, hot roller with curling paste crackle. I wrote in Beauty Banter about WEN and that same lady will probably scream at me again but I know many of us have no expectations of WEN and haven't given it a try, our way. I wanted to share this new treasure with you. Yes, I'm sure my precious oil combination would have improved the condition of my hair in time but I couldn't find anything except Dudley and Nairobi to press and curl with . I hate the burnt smell, all the smoke and the tackiness. But with WEN I get the look without an obnoxious, stomach churning smell and with a feel that keeps you touching, running your hands thru your silky but thick, natural hair. I really hope I've helped some one, any one. I know each of us has our own routine we swear by like Carol's Daughter but I swear this combination outshines them all. I hope you'll try it with your own specific oils . Ps I get pure, odorless filtered Shea butter and argan oil at rediculously low prices on Amazon.com. That's because a disabled USAF vet has limitations . But HE works everything to our good even small things like wanting pretty hair and makeup. Go with God!
Super Contributor

CoG - I appreciate many of your detailed posts, so I hope you don't take offense when I ask this. Are you posting on your phone/ipad or some other device that does not allow you to insert paragraphs?

I find it difficult to read your posts, because the huge block of text is rather overwhelming. Your message can sometimes get lost in there.

Again, I truly mean you offense - and maybe I'm the only one who is having this problem. (But my eyes kinda hurt after I finish one of your posts.) {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Trusted Contributor
Yes, I'm using my iPad. Not only wont it keep your spacing and paragraphs it types for you without asking and the words, usually funny and obviously typos, can put in crazy nonsensical words or offensive ones. The new update to IOS 8 is the worse to date. It tells you , out loud what to type. If you miss checking the tiny x that says no, type what I keyed, it adds what it pleases and you have to fight it over and over to remove its choice and insert your own. Thank you for letting me know the source of the problem. I thought it was QVC's typing correction system. I'll use the desktop next time and see if I can do a better job. There's no way I would take offence at your attempt to help me. Thank you for struggling thru to actually read what is written!
Trusted Contributor

Colonel Moew:

I tried to edit previous entries. iPad wouldn't allow me to !

Writing from the desk top now , maybe i can improve notes.

Respected Contributor
What does woc mean? No offense but it gets on my nerves when people use abbreviations no one understands
Trusted Contributor
On 9/28/2014 kcladyz said: What does woc mean? No offense but it gets on my nerves when people use abbreviations no one understands

Women of color.

Trusted Contributor
Sorry about the failure to edit my letter. Not even the desk top will allow spacing. I did get paragraphs this time., but thats the only improvement I could make. Couldn't even change font.
And yes WOC means women of color .
Thank you past4116. Figured anyone who didn't know what it meant wouldn't be interested anyway. My error.
Honored Contributor

sorry but I didn't know what WOC meant either! I've never seen that acronym used before.

Super Contributor
On 9/28/2014 CoG said:
Sorry about the failure to edit my letter. Not even the desk top will allow spacing. I did get paragraphs this time., but thats the only improvement I could make. Couldn't even change font.
And yes WOC means women of color .
Thank you past4116. Figured anyone who didn't know what it meant wouldn't be interested anyway. My error.

Hey, there's only so much you can do - I'll still read your posts, anyway! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Regarding the question about WOC, I agree that anyone who doesn't know what it means probably wouldn't be interested.

On a side note, it surprises me how many posters here don't utilize Google to at least attempt to find the answers to their own questions. I would first try to educate myself before complaining about something I don't know.

Urban Dictionary is also a good source for pop culture references that fly right over my head! I often find myself looking up words and phrases because I guess I'm so out of the loop and uncool! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Super Contributor
On 9/28/2014 HappyDaze said:

sorry but I didn't know what WOC meant either! I've never seen that acronym used before.

I hope you could infer that my last post wasn't referring to you, HD? LOL!