Super Contributor

Need Help for Wedding Photo make up ASAP!!

My best friend's son is getting married today. Her make up appointment was a disaster so she will likely redo everything. Are there any tips for certain foundation/powders to NOT use? I'm going to help her as soon as I can get there. Have a lot in my arsenal but don't want to use the wrong thing for photos. Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Re: Need Help for Wedding Photo make up ASAP!!

Nothing with an SPF, it can look a bit wonky in pictures.

I would go with a semi matte, with added glow, that way she won't look shiny

Something long wearing. so she won't have to touch up. And make sure lips are not fussy.

I would go with something she is comfortable and familure with.

I am sorry this happened to her and what a great friend you are to help!

Please remind her it will be okay, she will look beautiful and to enjoy her son's wedding!

I am sure others will be around to help quickly as well.

Super Contributor

Thanks for your advice JoEllad! She's pretty calm about it. Tips from anyone else??

Super Contributor

Agree about SPF, do not wear it in anything, under neath makeup, in foundation etc. It flashes in photographs. Also Makeup Forever HD powder does not photograph well, it will show with high def lenses.

If eyes are played up, go easy on lip colour. If lips are strong, go easy on eye makeup.

A smile is the best makeup. She will look beautiful!

Respected Contributor

No SPF. Since she is the MOG, she will likely be photographed a lot. She needs more blush and lipstick (a brighter color) than usual, bc photos can make you look washed out. HTH!!
Honored Contributor

Definitely use a primer before foundation. Set with a powder. Powder your hand first with brush then the face. Give attention to the eyebrows, if necessary. Do not use baby blue eye shadow. You don't want the eye shadow to stick out first so you a subtle shade that will open the eye but not stand out. Good luck. Congrats to your friend.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Hi - Great tips! here are some other ones I've heard:

Go heavier on your eyeliner and eyebrows. Wear a little more blush than you usually do. Don't wear a strong colored eyeshadow. Pay attention to your lashes, and use waterproof if possible to help them stay curled. If you use undereye concealer, blend it with your foundation to make sure it's not too light. Check your foundation line at your jaw and blend it out if you need to.

I agree with JoEllad and Canada61 - you're a great friend and her glow from the joy she's experiencing will shine through to the pictures! Smile

Trusted Contributor

I would go light on the foundation because heavier foundations will look too cakey. To keep her face from looking flat and one dimensional, try highlighting and contouring, but only if you're adept at it.
☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️