Trusted Contributor

While the host from AD TATCHA was presenting Jayne said ,naturally she use this,all her family uses this plus her 15 yr old niece use'sthis.This is expensive stuff,why would this niece not use a product at the corner store.Sometime the sale pitch just about makes me scream.That was when I turned it off.I do enjoy Jayne when she is on her own,but today was crazy.

Super Contributor

Why can't teenagers use expensive stuff?

Esteemed Contributor
The same reason the teens here are driving bmw's.
Honored Contributor
On 9/27/2014 Joselyn33 said:

Why can't teenagers use expensive stuff?

Right. I don't even understand the problem here. I actually heard her say it and thought nothing of it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

If she continues to use high quality skincare she will have gorgeous skin when she is 60. I use that horrible Phisohex on my face as a teen, I'm lucky I did not have permanent damage. It would take hours for the red to go away after using that cleanser. But it was supposed to clear up the acne.

Esteemed Contributor

It's my understanding that QVC's employees get a pretty substantial discount, so they can afford what they want to use and for whomever they want to use it. Not to mention the samples that come in.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor
On 9/27/2014 twopeas said:

It's my understanding that QVC's employees get a pretty substantial discount, so they can afford what they want to use and for whomever they want to use it. Not to mention the samples that come in.

That's what I was thinking. She isn't paying anywhere near what you or I would.
Honored Contributor
On 9/27/2014 graycatsrule said:
On 9/27/2014 twopeas said:

That's what I was thinking. She isn't paying anywhere near what you or I would.

When I worked for Time Warner, we used to get a 30% affiliate discount on everything - even TSVs. Later it was cut to 20%.

I think that is the employee discount too, from what the CSRs said.

Super Contributor

I heard the employee discount at QVC is approximately 40%. The hosts can definitely afford anything they sell.

Honored Contributor

Most likely just another sales ploy.