Valued Contributor

HSN Return Gone Haywire - Will I get refund?

I used the Self-Return label and dropped at the US Post Office which is OK to do per the label.

I can track it through both UPS and USPS and looks like the package is stalled somewhere. I sent it on 9/15 and the 30 days will be up on 9/27, so wondering if HSN will give me my refund if it ever gets there? I sent it in plenty of time. I'm shocked that the package is taking this long.

I'll never drop at the Post Office again.

Honored Contributor

Re: HSN Return Gone Haywire - Will I get refund?

If you use their label they can track the return and know its on the way back to them

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I think it will all be ok. Print out a copy of your tracking info that shows all the steps to prove you mailed the package. Also save a copy online if you can. Then call HSN CS and tell them what has happened. They will add a note to your account so that when the package comes in it is handled properly. If you run into a problem once the package is received, you can call them again. As long as you used their label and have proof you returned it in plenty of time, I think they will accept the return.

Frequent Contributor

The same thing happened to me. I also put TWO items in the return envenlope. I kept checking my refund and noticed they hadn't refunded the OTHER item?? I finally got it, but had to babysit it. You WILL get your refund :-) just keep an eye on it. I was told by the HSN Rep to always choose the UPS option when returning, it's so much faster.

Honored Contributor

have you called them?

usually if something is taking longer than expected then they will just do a manual refund that takes up to 2 days to appear.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

they will take care of you. They will know you sent it back with their label. If it gets lost sending back with their label you are not responsible. Do not worry.

Respected Contributor

On 9/27/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

I think it will all be ok. Print out a copy of your tracking info that shows all the steps to prove you mailed the package. Also save a copy online if you can. Then call HSN CS and tell them what has happened. They will add a note to your account so that when the package comes in it is handled properly. If you run into a problem once the package is received, you can call them again. As long as you used their label and have proof you returned it in plenty of time, I think they will accept the return.

If you can track and it is in USPS hands def copy the tracking info. I've had the USPS tracking info quickly disappear from their site. HSN is pretty good. As others mentioned, they can see it was sent. Still, knowing how that tracking info can drop out from USPS I'd call HSN. I always jot down the name of the rep and date and time of call.
Honored Contributor

You got good advice already. Amazing how a quick phone call can ease one's mind!

Hope HSN is as good as QVC on this. The time I had a delivery issue (with UPS, not PO), QVC handled it beautifully.

Esteemed Contributor

Same thing happened to me. I used their label to return and package got stalled for 2 weeks in Lansing. Then it went to Chicago.

I called their CS at the 30 day mark to let them know. When the package finally arrived they could see by the tracking the date that it was mailed from my home zip code. I did get billed for the 2nd flex pay while waiting.

My refund was processed. No problems. But that's the last purchase I made there.

Respected Contributor

On 9/27/2014 Snowpuppy said:

Same thing happened to me. I used their label to return and package got stalled for 2 weeks in Lansing. Then it went to Chicago. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

I called their CS at the 30 day mark to let them know. When the package finally arrived they could see by the tracking the date that it was mailed from my home zip code. I did get billed for the 2nd flex pay while waiting.

My refund was processed. No problems. But that's the last purchase I made there.

Why the last purchase? They did process the refund and it was not their fault the item was stalled. As far as billing for the 2nd flex pay, of course they did. From a business perspective, it makes sense to wait and have the package in hand. Also, even though they could see the tracking how could they really know the contents until it actually arrived? Unless I am misunderstanding I don't understand what they did wrong enough to not order based on that experience.