Trusted Contributor

Just thought I'd post this in here since most people read this thread. May you have a sweet and prosperous New Year!!

L'Shana Tova!

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Valued Contributor

Re: OT/Happy Jewish New Year!

L'shana tova umetukah to you & yours!
Super Contributor

Thank you very much .
Frequent Contributor

Thank you, Kutira, and the same to you!

Valued Contributor

l'shana tova to all of our Jewish friends. may you have a blessed new year.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Esteemed Contributor

L'shana tova to all who celebrate the high holy day of Rosh Hashanah.

Respected Contributor

Happy Jewish New Year! Does anyone want to tell us about the traditional customs and food ingredients of this celebration? Friends have described the Seder to me and it was interesting. I believe that's around Easter.

Regular Contributor

L'Shana Tova to you!
Honored Contributor

On 9/25/2014 Ms X said:

Happy Jewish New Year! Does anyone want to tell us about the traditional customs and food ingredients of this celebration? Friends have described the Seder to me and it was interesting. I believe that's around Easter.

Rosh Hashanna is the Jewish New Year, it starts a 10 day period of self introspection, and prayer in which the "Book of Life is Open", it ends with Yom Kippur the day on atonment. When we were kids my Mom would tell us how we acted during those 10 days would determine the whole year to follow

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

On 9/25/2014 I am still oxox said:
On 9/25/2014 Ms X said:

Rosh Hashanna is the Jewish New Year, it starts a 10 day period of self introspection, and prayer in which the "Book of Life is Open", it ends with Yom Kippur the day on atonment. When we were kids my Mom would tell us how we acted during those 10 days would determine the whole year to follow

Is there a feast at the end like the Seder? I always wanted to go to a Seder dinner to try the food. Thanks for the info about the customs, I am still oxox!