Esteemed Contributor

Pur Minerals New Soul Mattes Eye Shadow Palette

I received an email from Pur Minerals announcing their new matte eyeshadow palette called Soul Mattes. Since my out and about took me right past an Ulta location today I decided to check it out. This palette is a dream for anyone looking for nude/soft colored look with zero frosty colors. Better yet, it is one of the few nude-style palettes which does not include a black, or very dark brown (both of which defeat the purpose of going for nude eyeshadow makeup look IMO). The pic below is very accurate in how the colors look in person. One more thing... instead of being $50 or $60 ... it's only $32. I've used Pur's eyeshadows in the past and been very pleased with the quality.

Soul Mattes is a winner!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

/></p>

Honored Contributor

Re: Pur Minerals New Soul Mattes Eye Shadow Palette

oh wow that looks beautiful! There are some very unique colors in that! I think I need this!

Speaking of pur minerals, have you tried their plumping lip gloss?

Trusted Contributor

A few of the shades look very red and pink. Those are usually colors I'm trying to cover up around my eyes.

Respected Contributor

The shades look very much like UD N*ked3, imo
Esteemed Contributor

There are three rose tones in the palette. The two in the middle and one light pink highlight on the far left.

There are some similar tones to Urban Decay's Nakeds 3, but unlike The Nakeds palettes there are no shimmer frosty shades in this palette. For a palette I'd rather buy one that's all matte. I can use something like a Bobbi Brown Brick or Smashbox Fusion Softlights, over or under those colors to make them sparkle and shimmer.

Honored Contributor

Sign up for Pur deals from their website. often they have 25% off and free shipping, etc.

I have a few of their shadows, and sometimes find, they get hard and cakey on the top, and nothing comes off on the applicator.

Super Contributor

Thanks for sharing. Those colors look almost identical to UD. I'm going to sign up for emails.-

Honored Contributor

Did anyone buy it yet?

Respected Contributor

On 9/25/2014 Trix said:

There are three rose tones in the palette. The two in the middle and one light pink highlight on the far left.

There are some similar tones to Urban Decay's Nakeds 3, but unlike The Nakeds palettes there are no shimmer frosty shades in this palette. For a palette I'd rather buy one that's all matte. I can use something like a Bobbi Brown Brick or Smashbox Fusion Softlights, over or under those colors to make them sparkle and shimmer.

Good idea!