Valued Contributor

Joan Rivers : A Piece Of Work airing tonight on PBS

A documentary on her life and career made as she turns 75. Check your PBS local listings. Channel 13 at 10:30 PM in NYC.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers : A Piece Of Work airing tonight on PBS

Thanks for mentioning it. I had heard last week that PBS would be airing a documentary on Joan but didn't know when it would be on. And now I know Wink

Did anyone catch the 6 part series on the Roosevelt's last week - it featured the lives of Teddy, Franklin and Eleanor. Really interesting as it also contained so much info on both WWI and WWII, both of which I find fascinating. Ken Burns produced it and I like his work.

Respected Contributor

Thanks very much for the update. I will have to watch it.

Honored Contributor

Thanks Blondelle!!

shoot! and I bought the documentary because it looked good on Amazon. It was out of stock, but then they emailed me yesterday and said it was back in stock.

wackers

I DVR'd the Roosevelt's. I watched one already, and found it to be so interesting! You think you know a lot about a subject, but you don't! Always something to learn.

Last week n the radio they replayed an interview with an author who wrote about Franklin and polio. Wow! A whole book relating to Franklin's polio, and every bit was fascinating!!!

Valued Contributor

You're very welcome. Shoekitty, I would refuse the package if it shipped. It's also available free online in many places including Amazon. They shouldn't charge for it.

Honored Contributor

Don't miss it! Offers penetrating insight into Joan Rivers and also touches one's heart, especially in light of her recent passing. How grand it was that the daughter of Joan's friend Margie Stern thought to make this film. It is now a treasure.

Super Contributor

I can't find it? I'll keep looking, thanks for the info.
Trusted Contributor

On 9/23/2014 shoekitty said:

Thanks Blondelle!!

shoot! and I bought the documentary because it looked good on Amazon. It was out of stock, but then they emailed me yesterday and said it was back in stock.

wackers

I DVR'd the Roosevelt's. I watched one already, and found it to be so interesting! You think you know a lot about a subject, but you don't! Always something to learn.

Last week n the radio they replayed an interview with an author who wrote about Franklin and polio. Wow! A whole book relating to Franklin's polio, and every bit was fascinating!!!

SK - I can guarantee you will love the rest of the series. It was fascinating in so many ways. I never really connected that Franklin and Eleanor were blood relatives, prior to marriage (her Dad was Teddy's brother and Franklin was Teddy's cousin) I did miss the very first segment so hope they will run the series again, which I tend to think they will.

Ken Burns took a very lengthy time to acquire all this factual info and it really gives you such great insight, not only to the major subjects, but to those who surrounded them and impacted history as well - Winston Churchill, for example. Winston and Franklin had a very genuine and enduring friendship which is so interesting to hear about in such depth.

I first learned about this series from watching a preliminary show about it. Even that show was enlightening. Hope you enjoy all of them as much as I did. I'd recommend to all.

Honored Contributor

It's not in Chicago so it may be a NY only or East coast. We may have it on another night.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

On 9/23/2014 beauty-junkie said: I can't find it? I'll keep looking, thanks for the info.

Do you know what channel airs PBS in your area? If you can locate that, then just tune in at the start of every hour, I say from 7 PM onward, and you should catch it. PBS here is channel 6 although there are some additional PBS shows on other less known channels too. But the main PBS channel is where this will air. Good luck. You could also try googling PBS and your city's name for the PM schedule.