Valued Contributor

Ladies please suggestions for your best moisturizing products. I have argan oil, hydroshield, rose hip, mad hippie, dr gross new hydrating serum. I think I need a cream. My face is dry and looks it! I even have dry patches which I never had before. I think its called aging skin{#emotions_dlg.scared}. Any suggestions for your favorite moisturizer is greatly appreciated. Please help I am turning into a prune!{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

No thought is worth thinking.....
Trusted Contributor

I have very sensitive skin, and Simple cream found at Target, or Wal-Mart works well for me. Hydroshield dried my sensitive skin out. Argan Oil seems to just sit on top without doing anything to hydrate my parched skin. During the rare times when I need more than Simple cream, CereVe cream that comes in the big 16 oz. jar helps. I hope you find something that helps. Until your skin settles down, don't look for anything to make you look younger. Look for something with fewer ingredients, and only those that moisturize. Stay away from anti-aging ingredients like retinol, they will just make things worse right now. Good luck! Often it's just trial and error until you find what will work for you.

Respected Contributor

Try using a humidifier at night. A hygrometer will tell you the optimal moisture, you don't want too much either. Extra plants add moisture too. No hot showers.

Honored Contributor

How do you feel about Korean skincare products? I'm having really good luck with them. Part of my nighttime routine includes using an overnight repair serum that I like quite a bit, but it also includes using something called a sleeping mask, which is really like nicely textured, lightweight night cream. Even though it's Korean, the line is conveniently available at Target. The product I use is called Laneige Water Sleeping Pack. This stuff feels fantastic going on and you wake up with beautifully soft skin w/o it being greasy. It's recommended to use a fews nights a week, but if you are so dry that you need to use it nightly I don't think it would cause any adverse affects. If you're interested in trying the Laneige sleep mask you could always find a small trial size on eBay (look for US sellers for a quicker transaction). It costs $23 for 80 ml (2.7 oz.), a little less if you sign up for Target's A/D plan. You don't need a lot to cover your face (and neck, if desired). It's a really nice and effective product.

Trusted Contributor
Clinique, Origins, and Estee Lauder work pretty good. Don't sit on top of my skin. And Clarins After Sun moisturizer is probably the best. Clarins has discontinued some of theirs and I hope this is not one of them. This After Sun comes in a pump thing so you don't stick things in it. I hate krapp that doesn't absorb and leaves sticky filmy residue behind.
Valued Contributor

I have tried so many expensive products, but the one I reach for when I'm the driest is inexpensive @ less than $11 for 2 oz: TeraNeem Cream (vanilla) by Organix South. Love this stuff, really softens & soothes the skin.

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Honored Contributor

It sounds like one of the products you are using is drying your skin out minus the argan oil. I use acure organics moisturizer for under $20.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor
My skin was always dry no matter what I used until I changed my cleanser. I switched to CeraVe hyrating cleanser and CeraVe SA lotion and never looked back.When your skins PH is in balance it makes a world of difference.
Respected Contributor

A daily teaspoon of cod liver oil completely eliminated my dehydration problem (suggested by a board member). I also think a gentle cleanser is a must.

Esteemed Contributor

Hydroshield also has retinol, so that may be drying for you. I honestly don't know where they get the idea that this is a moisturizing product. (It may be for some, but still ????)

Dr. Gross probably (but I don't know) has HA (hylauronic acid), but it may not be enough.

The other oils are great for protection, but they won't draw in moisture.

Sounds like you need a humectant, which will draw in & hold moisture: aloe, plain HA serum (I like Reviva Labs that I get from Vitacost). Neither of these cost an arm and a leg.

And if you want a thicker emollient, try shea butter. (I don't use this, so I cannot say how it would work....) Garden of Wisdom sells the raw shea butter. Other product lines who use this really seem to charge a lot for their line of products.

I would add to your drops of oils that you have on hand: a dab of shea butter, a dab of aloe, and a dab of HA.