Contributor

Please help me choose correct shade for IT Foundation!

I usually have much trouble finding a good match for my face when buying foundation. Please help me choose a shade for the regular IT foundation that is in the compact. I am fair, but do not have any yellow in my skin. That is where I have trouble...any yellow in the foundation and it just makes me look strange. I have pink undertones. I used to have to mix my own Bare Minerals and actually used bisque for foundation, too, until they finally came up with a light medium with pink undertones--I wear fairly medium, C20, which is a rare shade to find. Can anyone relate to me and give me advice about IT and their foundation? Thanks in advance.
Respected Contributor

Re: Please help me choose correct shade for IT Foundation!

Fair has the least yellow IMO. Light is peachy-pink but not really a "cool" tone, and medium is sort of olive-golden. If you can get to Ulta, it's always best to test them out in person.

Contributor

Thanks, Desi. I didn't think Ulta carried IT, though. Or do they? I thought their products were only available at QVC. Anyone know for sure?
Frequent Contributor

NancyB....Desi gave you some good advice...to stop into Ulta. As far as I know IT is sold in all Ulta's....IT even announced it on their web site that there products are now sold in Ulta.

I have the exact skin tone as you. I'm fairly light in BE. Have pink undertone. I bought the light medium in the IT Celebration Foundation and it was perfect for me during summer and winter. If you buy it from QVC and don't like it, you can always send it back. It's just trial and error if you order it but if you go to Ulta you'll have hands on. Just remember the lighting in the store might be off. You can always call your Ulta to check before you go.

Respected Contributor

Nancy, as Ladybug suggested, call first, but even my tiny Ulta now carries IT. The lighting is bad and the staff varies in skill, but you can try them on for yourself. Let us know if you get there and what shade you choose.

Honored Contributor

It Cosmetics makes three foundations that come in a compact, two powders and a liquid. My Ulta carries all three. If you're not sure, you can call them and ask in advance, but I would definitely check them out in person.