Super Contributor

So Disappointed - Bareskin TSV going back!

I am really disappointed in this make up because it doesn't provide much coverage at all. I have good skin and I don't really need a lot of make up but this doesn't cover at all. The Ready to Wear (HSN) serum foundation is far superior to this and provides much better coverage.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: So Disappointed - Bareskin TSV going back!

I've checked out Bareskin in stores and have not been impressed. Fortunately for me, I was not tempted to buy the TSV because I saw QVC was not offering the foundation shade which I can wear. I knew their dark offerings were too light or too dark for me. There is a color for me in BareSkin QVC just doesn't sell it.

I've never tried Philippe's Ready to Wear serum foundation, but I have tried Laura Mercier's. Laura's is amazingly great, but it costs $48. None of these serum foundations are made to cover anything severe or look heavy. If you're happy with the Ready-To-Wear I would stick with it. Sorry the TSV was such a disappointment.

Respected Contributor

Sorry this didn't work out for you. I had this kit in my cart several times, and kept backing out. I have been trying out different liquids for awhile, as my skin is so dry, and powdered was no longer working for me.

I recently purchased Dimitri's Orchid Gel Primer. This stuff works so well that I can now apply this, and then use all of my Laura Geller (which I love) powders again, and I do not look or feel dry.

As for BE shade choosing on the recent kit ...Why oh why do they not swatch each color side by side on the inside of an arm? For me looking at a photo of a model is useless in choosing a shade.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Super Contributor

Orchid Gel primer is one of my favorites. I also like Avon's Magix which is what I am using now.

Super Contributor

I am so glad I'm not the only one who thinks this foundation was a disappointment!

I normally can't even use BE products because of the bismuth and corn starch derivative in the powders, so I figured I might have better luck with the liquid version, but no dice.

On me, at least, the coverage was a joke - it felt like it covered less than a tinted moisturizer, and I felt like I needed to use more than the recommended amount to compensate for the lack of coverage.

Oh well, I'll stick with the YSL Fusion Ink Foundation - now THAT is a serum-based foundation worth raving about! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

On 9/22/2014 Trix said:

I've checked out Bareskin in stores and have not been impressed. Fortunately for me, I was not tempted to buy the TSV because I saw QVC was not offering the foundation shade which I can wear. I knew their dark offerings were too light or too dark for me. There is a color for me in BareSkin QVC just doesn't sell it.

I've never tried Philippe's Ready to Wear serum foundation, but I have tried Laura Mercier's. Laura's is amazingly great, but it costs $48. None of these serum foundations are made to cover anything severe or look heavy. If you're happy with the Ready-To-Wear I would stick with it. Sorry the TSV was such a disappointment.

I too JUST tried Mercier's new serum foundation and agree wholeheartedly! It is a BEAUTIFUL foundation and the color selection is great. I've shied away from Mercier in the past because all her foundations/tm's leaned more pink. Now I see she has expanded her shade/tone selections and this new foundation is truly beautiful. Sheer to buildable coverage and just plain pretty. Can't explain better than that!

Respected Contributor

Great - it sounds like the foundation is not going to work for me. I need coverage.

But what about the rest of the kit, how did you like the other products? Even if the foundation doesn't work I won't send the whole kit back if I can use the other products. They are one of the reasons I ordered the kit.

Respected Contributor

dup

Valued Contributor

On 9/22/2014 makeupaddicted1 said:

I am really disappointed in this make up because it doesn't provide much coverage at all. I have good skin and I don't really need a lot of make up but this doesn't cover at all. The Ready to Wear (HSN) serum foundation is far superior to this and provides much better coverage.

I don't know about the foundation ( I am CRAZY for IT CC) but recently bought the 5 piece kit and LOVE LOVE LOVE everything!!

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Respected Contributor

I watched one of the shows when they explained how to use the serum makeup. They stressed to start with 2 drops and, if needed, add more a drop at a time. So, it is buildable coverage, you don't have to stay with just the 2 drops.

Mine just arrived and I gave it a try, seems good to me!