Trusted Contributor

Anybody else thrilled with Alberti?

Watched Alberti present clothing, accessories and cosmetics. He's much better informed than the newer hosts who are ill prepared but so cute they rely on their appeal rather than concentrating on the product. He certainly outshines the obviously bored, distracted hosts who, having received an ample response to the question they've asked, forget they asked and repeat the same inquiry. Or, they barely listen to the callers and miss the mark with their questions and comments too. I don't think Rick hears anything said to him because he's so bust talking over everybody. I hope they don't pigeon hole him, but allow him the airtime he deserves in all categories. I respect the opinions he gives and after the falsehoods spouted by the famous hosts about what they use themselves, ( as in anything they're presenting, everything they're selling) it is refreshing to listen to discussion of the benefits of that particular product.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Anybody else thrilled with Alberti?

I agree! If he is on I tend to keep QVC on. I think that management knows he is good and have given him prime spots from time to time.
Trusted Contributor

He does an excellent job! He works hard to try and give us the needed information. He has a vocabulary large enough he doesn't have to make up words, like other hosts do. His personal stories don't interfere with giving us information, no long tangents that go on and on. Other hosts could learn something from him, I don't care if he's fairly new to the job. He comes prepared for his shows. You can always understand him, and he doesn't yell at customers. I really don't like it when hosts feel the need to the same as yell. We're not on a carnival midway!

Esteemed Contributor

I was watching him this morning...what I like is he has an immediate answer for anything asked of him....Stan asked him the length of one of the pajama tops...and Alberti looked at his card and answered Stan...right away...no staring at the card like it was just handed to him......

How many times have we seen the other hosts scanning their card forever before they find the answer....or can't figure out the colors...or ""forget"" to wear their glasses and can't read their cards...so annoying...

Alberti is tops for watching....no matter what he is selling....he is one host that I don't have to change the channel on...

Respected Contributor

ITA with all these wonderful posts! Alberti is a winner.Smiley Happy

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Trusted Contributor

I only recently saw him for the first time working with Jim Shore, and I was so surprised at how good he was, in so many ways. I've since seen him selling clothing and jewelry, and I have to say he's a breath of fresh air to QVC - I really like him!

Honored Contributor

He does a great job on the jewelry shows, IMO.

Regular Contributor

I think he is a SUPER GREAT addition to QVC & one of the BEST Hosts at QVC.......

Lila4now..... I agree with you totally................ AND he doesn't use UMMMMMMMMM & AND AND AND & the word BUT which AMY for 1 uses a lot and just anywhere and where it doesn't make sense...... doesn't laugh or giggle to pause for time, no long tangents that go on and on, personal stories -

QVC should have 10 more like him

Contributor

He is fantastic!!! Love to watch him!! He is down to earth!!!! QVC is lucky to have him on board as a host!!! Keep up the good work Alberti!!! We love you!!!!!

Super Contributor

I give him .