Super Contributor

I've never had fake nails before but tonight at Wal-Mart I picked up some Nailene french press ons and I love them so far! I applied them tonight and trimmed and filed them into a more natural shape for my fingers. They look great! Does anyone else use press ons? I've been looking at reviews online and lots of different brands have good reviews. I may have to try some other ones out too!

Esteemed Contributor

I have been having wraps done and within a week they break off, the tips and wraps. I may try this, because I am spending too much to go around with broken nails. My manicurist has brought a cheaper product and still charging the same. I like her, but can not put up with broken nails any longer in just one week. I am going to tell her Wed. at my next appt., that either a better product or lets take them off and I will try press on, and if that doesn't work, have to find someone that does acrylics. I use to go three weeks with the acrylics, and one week with fiberglass wraps.

When I first went to her two years ago, they would last three weeks and I do yard work. I wore gloves and everyone one of my fingers got fungus from wearing gloves. Non of this happen before, so I think it is her cheaper products.

Esteemed Contributor

My sister introduced me to press on nails when she visited. She ran into Walgreens & got a set. I picked some up at Walmart & I love them. No glue & I have a set of nails in 10 minutes. No more fills! They last about a week for me. The ones I use are called Kiss. I like the short square ones.

Frequent Contributor

wear them ALL the time. If you have a store called Dollar Tree near you,,keep an eye out in their makeup section. I got alot of awesome types, colors, designs etc,,for a dollar a box! Some were even Maybelline. If I could afford to buy the more expensive ones,,KISS has some really pretty ones that are gel nail,,at about 8 dollars per box. They look really good even 5 or 7 days after you put them on,,,like a gel nail should. Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

my dd uses the toe nail ones!! when she was a little girl, a horse stepped on her big toe ... which caused the nail to eventually fall off. it has never grown back and she has always been self conscious about the appearance of her toe nails. a couple of years ago, she discovered those Kiss toe nails and now she uses them often during the summer, when her toes are exposed.

Respected Contributor

I have used them, but they only lasted about a week, which is normal. I am very hard on my nails and don't get all girly about doing things that may mess up my nails, so dishes, changing the oil in the car, gardening, cleaning, scrubbing siding, anything really is up for par with me. So the press on and acrylic nails didn't last for me. I did like the effect of the press on nails and also used nail glue to help them stay on longer with my very active lifestyle. They do come is so many colors and patterns and are super easy to find.

Honored Contributor

I used them as a teen and all I can remember is loosing nails at the weirdest times. I would wake up with nail tips sticking to me

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Contributor

I put them on about 3-4x a year. I really like the look & get tons of compliments. I use the Nailene short french manicure. I a not a fan of removing them though...it does take a little work and time. My real nails seem a little ""beat up"" for a week or 2 afterward but they are fun & easy Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I remember the ads for Lee Press On Nails.

Frequent Contributor

P.S. As another poster suggested,,I always use nail glue (as the pre stick kind,,don't stay on.) Nail glue makes for a longer wear. Theres a little bit of a learning curve for application and taking off,,but it's now so simple for me. Hope you enjoy your new found fun.