Respected Contributor

So ridiculous ... I wonder what poor Helen is really thinking.{#emotions_dlg.mellow}

Super Contributor
I think she dreads being called 70 years young and being called drop dead gorgeous...and being told told to smile just as hard as she possibly can. Poor Helen!
Honored Contributor
On 9/21/2014 gazelle77 said: I think she dreads being called 70 years young and being called drop dead gorgeous...and being told told to smile just as hard as she possibly can. Poor Helen!

I had no clue as to what the topic was about, but if it's about his model, I'm sure that she's quite happy with her paycheck.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Ya, ya, ya .... I know I dread it. Poor Helen is right. Demeaning in a way, especially because it's a beauty show. $$$$$

Super Contributor
On 9/21/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 9/21/2014 gazelle77 said: I think she dreads being called 70 years young and being called drop dead gorgeous...and being told told to smile just as hard as she possibly can. Poor Helen!

I had no clue as to what the topic was about, but if it's about his model, I'm sure that she's quite happy with her paycheck.

I think they're referring to Jamie/IT -- not "his" model. But you make me wonder how much some of these women (or in Dimitri's case "girls") do make...

Honored Contributor
On 9/21/2014 MarenSeattle said:

I think they're referring to Jamie/IT -- not "his" model. But you make me wonder how much some of these women (or in Dimitri's case "girls") do make...

You're sure about that? What's the reference to Helen about, then?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor
On 9/21/2014 MarenSeattle said:

You're sure about that? What's the reference to Helen about, then?

Helen is the older woman who models for IT.

Honored Contributor
when I first started watching these beauty presentations, when I turn 50 and panicked, I heard Dimitri say I have the ugliest (or it could have been) I have the most unattractive models in the business! Needless to say it was quite a while before I purchased any of his products but I too have wondered how much they make....I only thought of that comment when somebody mentioned their salaries
Esteemed Contributor

I have no idea who Helen is but at least Dimitri uses models with a face full of flaws. My big irk with Leslie & BE was that she used Joy, Chantal & Pam ( all with perfect skin), then pretended to swipe the brush across their face.

Regular Contributor
On 9/21/2014 straitgirl said:

I have no idea who Helen is but at least Dimitri uses models with a face full of flaws. My big irk with Leslie & BE was that she used Joy, Chantal & Pam ( all with perfect skin), then pretended to swipe the brush across their face.

May I ask how long it has been since you have watched a BareMinerals show? For several years now they have been showing before ("Pretty") and after ("Amazing") shots of the models. The before pictures are totally without makeup, and they most certainly do not have perfect skin (which is certainly how it looks with the full makeup done by the artist backstage).

Pam is always used to demonstrate their concealers because she has a tremendous amount of redness in her cheeks, and since their first cleanser came out, she's usually the one who washes everything off on screen so that we can again see what's been well covered, and that has been many years.