Super Contributor

A while back you recommended products that contained collagen, peptides and something else. Can't locate the thread.

Would you mind saying what the three products were and what brand? If you use these products, have you gotten results? I use Retin-A, but for the life of me, I can't remember what you said.

Thank you for your help.

Super Contributor

b

Super Contributor

I bumped up the thread "Korean beauty products, what have you tried". JLF mentions what she uses in it.

Honored Contributor

Thanks myshell624 Smile

Hi SFC - My venture into Korean skincare has made me think about some products and ingredients in new ways. I have replaced my toner with a Korean version called a first essence. The one I use is Tony Moly Intense are Galactomyces First Essence with 94.5% of the fermented yeast filtrate. There are many others to choose from if you don't like that one. From there I go to my ampoules (like our serums). They can be used alone, cocktailed together, or mixed with the first essence step. I put the first essence in my hand and pat it onto my face, but you can use a cotton pad if you prefer. I find the way that I do it there's less waste. The ampoules I have chosen are: Mizon Original Skin Energy Collagen 100 Ampoule, Mizon Original Skin Energy Peptide 500 Ampoule, Secret Key SYN-AKE Anti-Wrinkle & Whitening Ampoule, and Mizon Night Repair Seruming Ampoule. I only use about 3 drops of the ampoules, no matter if I use them mixed with the first essence or just the ampoules cocktailed together. In the morning, I usually do the first essence, then my vitamin C, then the ampoule cocktail. At night, I'll I'm flexible, sometimes I'll mix the ampoules with the first essence if I'm in a hurry and other times I'll do them separately - whatever works, right? Regarding the specific ampoules, in the morning I'm using the Collagen 100, Peptide 500 and SYN-AKE ampoules. At night it's the SYN-AKE and the Night Repair ampoules. When you apply them, gently rub it around, but then pat/tap and press your face with your warm hands - it's supposed to help with absorption. In the morning, I follow up with some Alpha Hydrox Souffle (face and neck) and Mizon Collagen Power Lifting Emulsion (the Korean term for lotion) on my face. On my neck, I'll use the Mizon Collagen Power Lifting Cream. I'm also using and enzymatic exfoliator a few times a week, sheet masks 2-3 times a week, and a Laneige Aqua Sleep Mask a few nights a week .I know, it's a lot of products, but that's the Korean way...they do several steps and use several products in their routines. I'm loving the care I'm taking of myself, look forward to my routines and home facials, and am having really great results.

Let me know if you have any questions or need me to clarify anything.

Super Contributor

Thank you JLF and myshell.

Now I have something to go on. Guess I'll start Googling for those products. At least I know why I couldn't remember. I've never looked into Korean products.

Thanks again to both of you!

Honored Contributor
On 9/21/2014 Southern Fried Chick said:

Now I have something to go on. Guess I'll start Googling for those products. At least I know why I couldn't remember. I've never looked into Korean products.

Do your pricing research. You can order from roseroseshop dot com. There's a currency selector at the top of the page so you can see the prices in actual American dollars. They have pricing on singles and multiples so be careful to choose the right one. Prices are really good, but you have to wait a little longer to get them. Also check eBay and Amazon. It really pays to price shop. Also, don't let the ads scare you off. Some of them will be impossible to read, but keep trying, you'll find one in English - sort of. It's funny to read the translations sometimes, but you'll figure out what the intent is. If you're at all interested in the Laneige Water Sleep Mask, they actually sell the line at Target. Laneige is a well respected brand in Korea so it's pretty cool that we have easy access to it here.

Super Contributor
On 9/21/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 9/21/2014 Southern Fried Chick said:

Do your pricing research. You can order from roseroseshop dot com. There's a currency selector at the top of the page so you can see the prices in actual American dollars. They have pricing on singles and multiples so be careful to choose the right one. Prices are really good, but you have to wait a little longer to get them. Also check eBay and Amazon. It really pays to price shop. Also, don't let the ads scare you off. Some of them will be impossible to read, but keep trying, you'll find one in English - sort of. It's funny to read the translations sometimes, but you'll figure out what the intent is. If you're at all interested in the Laneige Water Sleep Mask, they actually sell the line at Target. Laneige is a well respected brand in Korea so it's pretty cool that we have easy access to it here.

I saw the ads, and I was stunned by all they had to offer. I also looked at the Laneige Mask, and the products definitely deserve a second look. I will check the sites you mentioned and see what I can find.

Thank you so much!