Super Contributor

NARS Limited Edition Cheek Palettes: Thoughts?

Hi everyone (starting this post again since we got off track before)!

Does anybody here have experience with the NARS cheek palettes?

I'm super, super pale with cool undertones, so blue-based complexion products for fair skin work best on me. The "O" blush from NARS that everyone knows and loves has been included in all of their palettes, but I find it looks a bit garish on me so it's not a huge selling point to me in the ones I'm about to mention.

In 2011, they released a palette which people tripped over themselves for, called "Danmari", and, not being into NARS at the time, I missed it and am really ticked that I wasn't paying attention to the brand. This one included a bronzer, highlighter, and four blushes, all of which are only a tad smaller than full size. It seems more to be more suited for a warm medium skin tone, though.

In 2012, they released one at Sephora called "Joie de Vivre," which has absolutely stunning colors for fair skin but is no longer available in stores. I recently found one on eBay for a decent price, but am wondering if I should wait it out before buying. This one included a bronzer, highlighter, and four blushes, all of which are a tad smaller than full size.

Last year, they released a palette called "One Night Stand," which was pretty similar to "Danmari" but has a few darker colors so I doubt it'll work well with my fair skin so I didn't think much of it.

This year, they released a palette called "Domination," which I bought, but I am not very impressed with the amount of each product. The colors are beautiful though. This one includes half of a mini highlighter, a mini bronzer, and two mini blushes.

Here's my question for you: out of all of the palettes I listed above, which is your favorite? Should I hold on to "Domination" or return it and buy "Joie de Vivre" instead? If you are fair skinned, do any of the ones I mentioned seem too dark for you?

TIA! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Re: NARS Limited Edition Cheek Palettes: Thoughts?

Bumping this because I really want some feedback - ""Domination"" is limited edition just like the other palettes and I have to decide if it's worth it to keep since I may not be able to find it again if I return it.

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

I've never bought a cheek palette from Nars and not a huge fan of the "O" blush. However, I love just about everything else Nars and have a few blushes. I've begun to prefer the cream blushes. Think he is packaging these in color sticks lately. Are the palettes all powders?
Super Contributor

On 9/21/2014 BellaCarro said: I've never bought a cheek palette from Nars and not a huge fan of the "O" blush. However, I love just about everything else Nars and have a few blushes. I've begun to prefer the cream blushes. Think he is packaging these in color sticks lately. Are the palettes all powders?

Yep, the palettes are all powders (I think there may have been a palette released somewhere in the interim between the ones I mentioned and it may have included a cream blush, but don't quote me on that haha).

Are the ones in the tubes also the ones that can be doubled as a lip stain? I've been wanting to try those!

Respected Contributor

On 9/21/2014 RyBelle said:
On 9/21/2014 BellaCarro said: I've never bought a cheek palette from Nars and not a huge fan of the "O" blush. However, I love just about everything else Nars and have a few blushes. I've begun to prefer the cream blushes. Think he is packaging these in color sticks lately. Are the palettes all powders?

Yep, the palettes are all powders (I think there may have been a palette released somewhere in the interim between the ones I mentioned and it may have included a cream blush, but don't quote me on that haha).

Are the ones in the tubes also the ones that can be doubled as a lip stain? I've been wanting to try those!

Yes, but I don't care much for the one I have on my lips. I find it drying. Maybe it would work with some gloss. Have you ever tried his eyeliners in the little pots? Amazing! What else have you tried in the line? I picked up the set he does for Nordstrom sale in late summer this year and last. Great sets.
Super Contributor

On 9/21/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 9/21/2014 RyBelle said:

Yes, but I don't care much for the one I have on my lips. I find it drying. Maybe it would work with some gloss. Have you ever tried his eyeliners in the little pots? Amazing! What else have you tried in the line? I picked up the set he does for Nordstrom sale in late summer this year and last. Great sets.

I'm a NARS addict - I've tried pretty much one of everything, except the LE cheek palettes that I missed {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Have you tried his new pencil/gel liner? That baby stays put all day, even through a thunderstorm!

I work at Nordie's, ironically - what was the palette from last year? Was it "Foreplay" or "Killing Me Softly?"

I just got the new "Domination" palette from last month - beautiful colors, but the size is a joke {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Respected Contributor

Oh, yes, I have one. They are awesome for travel and it's a way to buy more than one Nars blush for less. The Killing Me Softly Palette has four blushes that are very popular (the O blush,plus Outlaw, Gilda and Albatross (highlighter.)

Super Contributor

On 9/22/2014 Campion said:

Oh, yes, I have one. They are awesome for travel and it's a way to buy more than one Nars blush for less. The Killing Me Softly Palette has four blushes that are very popular (the O blush,plus Outlaw, Gilda and Albatross (highlighter.)

"Albatross" is my favorite highlighter of all time, which is one of the reasons why I'm so interested in the "Joie de Vivre" palette since it is included in that as well.

Do you happen to know how big "Killing Me Softly" is size-wise compared to the others? The colors are very pretty!