Contributor
Hi everyone, I have tried sooooo many QVC brands but at 47 my oily pore skin is still a slick of oil. Primers seem to make me greasy too. Oy. Any suggestions? It cosmetics are a disaster for me and Laura Geller CC was an oil slick. I feel ugly!
Super Contributor

Boots No. 7 Shine Free Primer and Hourglass Veil Mineral Primers are really good for oily skin

Respected Contributor

Use a primer for oily skin. I am currently using Hoika Hoika BB Clarifying BB with tea tree oil. Both have worked well with my oily skin.

Honored Contributor

Hopefully, these suggestions will help you out. Cleanser: Pore Refining Facial Scrub by Neutrogena. Give it about a month and pores will be smaller. Worked for me. also check out other products by Neutrogena for oil problems.

Laura Mercier has a brand new foundation. Oil-free, flawless finish, super lightweight like a second skin. Truly wonderful. Flawless Fluide. I know if it does not work out for you, you can return it on her website and Nordstrom too. This is the best foundation I tested out ever. It is so lightweight/sheer but gives med. coverage. This foundation is worth every penny! Good luck.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

My skin is still oily and I am almost 61! All summer long I've been using a Cover Girl foundation called ""Ready Set Gorgeous"". It's oil-free and gives a matte finish. It comes in a tube and there is also a powder in this line. Very inexpensive (under $10 per item) and if you buy it from CVS or Walgreens you can return it if you don't like it.

I'm a warm toned light/medium and I've been using #215 Warm Beige. Will probably need to pick a lighter shade in the winter.

Valued Contributor

I second Hourglass mineral veil primer (believe me it's worth the price, try the sample for $18 at Sephora), there mattifying liquid foundation is awesome too. Becca's ever-matte poreless primer is awesome too. Tarte's BB cream w/ tarte's mineral powder foundation is a great combo for me. Also consider adding a finishing powder - they add an extra layer of protection from fighting oil. I like tarte's, but many brands have them.

Oil blotting wipes are great for during the day - you can pick them up at any drugstore.

Super Contributor
I would try Smash box BB Cream. It has amazing coverage looks natural. When I tried it it was very drying and come to find out it has an ingredient in it to absorb oil through out the day.
Frequent Contributor

I like Bare Minerals primer oil free. I also have oily skin. I don't wear makeup often, but when I do I use this primer now

Honored Contributor

Before searching for a makeup, I'd address the skincare first. I'd recommend stopping any of the drying skincare products you might be using and try using a good cleansing oil for a couple of weeks or so, to see if it will help to normalize your oil production. Then you might have more options in the makeup department. It worked for me.

Contributor
Thanks, I got the Boots one due to budget, but the other poster reminded me that maybe my soap and water routine ain' t working! Ooopsy. Where did my youth go?