Super Contributor

~ NOTW ~ (Fall Edition, Nail of The Week!)

Hello Lovelies, Happy Saturday!

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying some cooler, almost-Fall weather. Around here, the weather talk is of the dying Hurricane Odile: will we have a deluge or won't we? Apparently, the rain will not extend as far north as we are, but some southern parts of the State have certainly experienced flooding.

I thought I'd show you a mani which was inspired by a recent shopping trip to Chico's where I saw some cool animal print jeggings. I purchased a different color, but these stayed in my mind and this mani was the result.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2qu6ubq.jpg

I began with my usual base coat of Nailtiques Formula 2,

Nails Inc. "Bluebell", 2 coats,

Sponged on OPI "Into The Night" at the nail base and tip,

Seche Vite top coat,

Stamped with Wet 'n Wild "Black Créme" and Konad M78 Image Plate, and finished with another coat of S.V.

Hope to hear what you think!

Lola
Honored Contributor

Re: ~ NOTW ~ (Fall Edition, Nail of The Week!)

As usual, Albuquerque's out of the loop. I'm sad to see the rain go, aren't you? Think we'll get heavy snow this winter? It's starting to look a lot like autumn out there...

But enough about the weather. I think this mani is exceptional! You were missed -- and this is a great comeback. A pair of jeans, a black turtleneck, a pair of black boots, and some bold silver pieces... yowza!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

Hi Lola!

I'm in PA, and we're getting cooler weather here. I love this time of year.

I love this week's nail. It looks beautiful. A bit on the wild side, but not tacky.

just bee: Love the choice of clothing that you picked to go with the nail design.

Frequent Contributor

Hi Lola! You nailed it. The mani and jeans are hot.
Super Contributor

Hi Lola hot & humid in Central Texas had a tease of cooler weather last weekend now back to the 90's with the hint of rain so send us your unwanted rain we have a lot to catch up on. Love the mani. Have a GREAT week.
Super Contributor

Wow,wow, & wow Lola. Welcome back. I've missed you.

This is by far my favorite. Oh, come to my home & do this mani on my poor pathetic nails {#emotions_dlg.tt1}. I love the leggings as well. I can do leggings Cool. Love the colors, love the design. I'm an animal print person in home decor & fashion.

Weather here is very cool. 36 degrees yesterday morning & 39 degrees this morning as I biked to my daughter's. Today she had cherry cream cheese danish & coffee waiting for me.

Thanks for sharing your manicure Lola. Take care & have a great week.

Path

Super Contributor

On 9/20/2014 just bee said:

As usual, Albuquerque's out of the loop. I'm sad to see the rain go, aren't you? Think we'll get heavy snow this winter? It's starting to look a lot like autumn out there...

But enough about the weather. I think this mani is exceptional! You were missed -- and this is a great comeback. A pair of jeans, a black turtleneck, a pair of black boots, and some bold silver pieces... yowza!

Hi just bee! I'm not greedy, I know this year's monsoon season was one of the best in decades, so I'll just go with the seasons and say it was wonderful. Can't believe we have such a strong breeze today -- usually September days are so crystaline-still and warm.

I read on another thread that you'll be pursuing your BSN -- you go, girl! I agree with many things you wrote -- I sometimes wonder who exactly, is designated to actually care for and listen to in-patients, with the career path dictated by health care administrators. Every RN I've known has gone on for advanced degrees, only to leave patient care behind.

Lola
Super Contributor

On 9/20/2014 pepes mom said:

Hi Lola!

I'm in PA, and we're getting cooler weather here. I love this time of year.

I love this week's nail. It looks beautiful. A bit on the wild side, but not tacky.

just bee: Love the choice of clothing that you picked to go with the nail design.

Hi pepes mom,

If signs of Fall are already showing up in PA, they'll be on their way south soon too. I was tempted to buy a Cinderella pumpkin at the store last week Smiley Happy.

I think you described this mani well -- it was dark enough that the animal print didn't shout.

Take care and enjoy your Fall color show.

Lola
Super Contributor

On 9/20/2014 RunnerMom said: Hi Lola! You nailed it. The mani and jeans are hot.

Hi RunnerMom, thanks, and also for commenting!

Lola
Super Contributor

On 9/20/2014 txrose said: Hi Lola hot & humid in Central Texas had a tease of cooler weather last weekend now back to the 90's with the hint of rain so send us your unwanted rain we have a lot to catch up on. Love the mani. Have a GREAT week.

Hi txrose, well, the temps aren't really much that much cooler here either, it's just a cooler "feeling" in the air and the light is softer now than in summer.

Thanks; I hope you'll have a great week too!

Lola