Honored Contributor

First Ipsy Bag --- Unnnh..... :-(

Just received my first Ipsy bag. I was waiting patiently and was so anxious and excited to get it. What a let down.

There was really nothing in there at all that seems decent or that I really like.

I sure hope they improve. I will give them a couple months, and if they don't, them I'm out.

A teensy little jar of hair conditioner, a weird almost pumpkin shade of gloss, a shocking glitter blue eye shadow, a brown eye pencil of sorts, and a little shadow brush. Phooey!

Just venting!!!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: First Ipsy Bag --- Unnnh..... :-(

Is Ipsy like Birchbox, is so you will get small sample of may things you don't want or don't use. The New Beauty Test Tube is really the only one of this genre that has full size items, many of which I have purchased again

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I guess it is. I never used any of these services before. A while back, I posted and asked people here about different services and Ipsy seemed to be pretty well received.

I went on line and checked several of these places out. For the money, I thought it seemed a pretty good deal. I did not want to spend a lot. Well, you sure don't seem to get a lot either. The cutest thing was the little make-up bag it came in. Which wasn't anything too special, just a little metallic zipper bag with metal accents.

As I said, I will try it for a couple of more months. Then, if I don't receive anything useful to me, I will quit.

Thanks for your posting!

Occasional Contributor

My first Ipsy bag arrived yesterday and underwhelmed is an understatement! Horrible, horrible, horrible! I'm cancelling right away. Not wasting any more money on this stuff. I will stick with the Q's beauty test tubes.

Respected Contributor

I liked my Ipsy bag. The Birchbox is full of sample packets of things, not like deluxe samples in Ipsy. Neither were designed to be full sized boxes. With Ipsy you need to fill out a profile of your typical beauty styles to avoid off samples.

Super Contributor

I liked my first Ipsy bag. I got a lipstick, perfume, criminal powder, eyeliner pencil and hair restore. Plus a cute makeup bag that my daughter already stole. Quite a deal for $10. Three were full size, the other two quite generous samples. $10 is only slightly more than shipping on q's items.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like the Ipsy bags. 10$ is chunk change to try new brand name products. The Criminal powder and Pacifica pencil retail for over 20$ alone in this months bag. What you receive is based on the preferences you chose and you can always change them. It's the best deal out there imo.

Respected Contributor

Usually there are at least one or two nice ones in each bag worth more than the 10.00. I am pretty happy with IPSY overall. Yeah, my gloss is Halloween blood red, but you can't win all the time. The sizes are often full size, vs Birchbox which rarely had anything large. They did at first, occasionally, but that kind of stopped. I tired of getting tea bags, granola bars, etc. considered "extras". Would rather have had extra beauty items, so I cancelled.

Honored Contributor

I had another thread saying how underwhelmed I was. These products were picked for me from the info I gave them? I got a hair mask, lipstick (in a horrible shade), a roll on perfume (which I found too strong). mini eyeliner pencil, and a jar of a kind of mineral veil.It came in a gray small bag. I showed it to my two nieces one of which gets the Birch Box. One niece thought I was crazy for not liking the products, she thought they were better than the Birch Box her sister gets. She made a comment how these were good expensive brands and I didn't know any better! I ended up giving away the lipstick, perfume, and liner pencil. I was put on a waitlist and anticpated it and was very let down by it. I ended up cancelling my subscription. I didn't want to waste any more money.

Honored Contributor

I did fill out the questionnaire. I know its hard to please everyone with each bag. That's why I'm going to give it a couple more tries. I was excited too, and was hoping I wasn't on the wait list too long and I wasn't. But my first one was such a let-down, as I really don't like anything I got. I picked Ipsy because it was reasonably priced, the S&H was included, and it said some products would be full size, unlike some beauty boxes which are all samples.

I remember years and years ago, there was one beauty box sampler that my mother subscribed to. My sister and I all looked forward to it each month because even though none of the brands we ever heard of, they were all full size products and Mom never wanted half of the stuff, so we all got some of the loot! It was called something like Cosmetique???

Thanks, everyone, for posting and give your thoughts and experiences. I know there are better and bigger beauty boxes out there, but I don't want to spend the money. I just wanted a little extra treat, so this may or may not work out. The stuff I don't care for, I can pass on to my sisters, nieces, etc.