Trusted Contributor

Is SKINN all it's cracked up to be?

I've been sucked into the SKINN presentations on Shop HQ overnight and I'm really getting into Dimitri and his products. Are they as good as he says they are? Can anyone give me any examples of a skin care line you were using, but then found SKINN to be so much better you switched? --what was the name of the skin care line you were using prior to switching to SKINN?

It does sound so complicated in a way -- mixing so many of the serums/powders/creams to make various "cocktails". But he's such a good salesman, plus the testimonials are so convincing.

THANKS!!! Smile

Regular Contributor

Re: Is SKINN all it's cracked up to be?

I have tried quite a few of his products and some I liked, others were a miss. I did not actually give up my other skincare. Rather I just incorporate those Skinn products I like. For example, I LOVE the 24 Hour Youth Preservation Cream ( the one in the Today's special). I use it at night and when I wake up, my skin looks and feels so hydrated and soft. I also like the Dermapeel, but can only use once a week and with a gentle hand ( very scruby and pepperminty). The Stem Rejen face really works for me ( hydrates, firms, plumps, brightens). I have not tried the Stem Rejen eye. For reference I am in my mid 40's with combination and sensitive skin. I also use Isomers, Perricone, Dr Denese, and Josie Maran. I've learned that it really is a trial and error thing. I do think that some of Skinns products work. He uses some pretty impressive ingredients. But the same can be said for the other lines I use. If you want to try his line, then I think the Today's special is a great way ( it is a great price, as the moisturizer alone, in the 2oz size is $39!).
Super Contributor

No, every Skinn skincare item I've ordered, I've sent it back. I have dry sensitive skin, and either his products make my face feel too greasy, or it has too much fragrance. I do like most of the make-up though.

Esteemed Contributor

The only way to know that is to use the products yourself. What works for one, may not work for another.
Frequent Contributor

LOVE Skinn. I used serious skin care HSN and it was doing NOTHING. Skinn has great cleansers too.

Super Contributor

Depends on who you ask. I like the cleansers, but they are no better than the drugstore ones I use & I prefer the scrub I use to Dermappeal. On the other hand I love the bright side orchid gel to any other primer I've used & carry the flawless compact in my handbag.

Super Contributor

for the money( cheap) they are fine. I like some things, do not like others. I like Demetri, I think he has a good heart. I think he does care about his customer. That is important to me.

Honored Contributor

it is always a great value for the money with high quality ingredients, very innovative too.

Honored Contributor

To me, it sounds good and it should work but it doesn't work for me. Cosmetics are pretty good but skin care, eh!

Honored Contributor

Deb--I'm a recent convert, maybe a year now and if you want to try his line, start with the cleansers and moisturizers. I happen to love the skin care but not so much the make up, except for the mascara and maybe that is because its the first mascara that has the tiny little short bristles on the wand that help my chemo lashes look longer. I'm sure there are mascaras out there with that type of brush. Figure out what type of skin you have and pick accordingly. My skin is dry and sensitive so I love the 24 hour moisturizer and I use the softening essences that rock my world. I've used serious skin care olive oil line whcih is no more and then just a mish mash of a bunch of brands. I also think that in order for any product to work well on your skin, the skin must be prepared. I just bought the Clarisonic Mia this year and use it once a day and truly believe that the skincare products I use, melt into the skin better and I don't need to use alot. Same with my make up.These shows now, are a great way to try them at reduced s/h and 6 easy pays.