Super Contributor

I've been on the fence about ordering a Tassi from QVC. They are currently listed at $18.50 for a set of two, with $5.70 S&H. I'm been using a Tassi knockoff that I bought from either Walgreen's or CVS, but the elastic is almost shot.

So, imagine my delight when I found a real Tassi at TJMaxx for $5.99! They were not located in the beauty/bath&body area, though. I actually spotted the display by accident when I tried to enter the checkout line on the wrong end.

They were part of the "last-minute, on the go, grab bag" type of display that is typically placed at the register line. (This wouldn't be the place I would even look for a product such as the Tassi.) So, be on the lookout if you've ever wanted to try a Tassi for an excellent price!

Valued Contributor

I found some last year at our local Marshalls, and got one for me and one for a couple of friends. Then before I went away on business I found another one and got it to keep in my suitcase. Great price, indeed.

Super Contributor
On 9/19/2014 Catstamper said:

I found some last year at our local Marshalls, and got one for me and one for a couple of friends. Then before I went away on business I found another one and got it to keep in my suitcase. Great price, indeed.

This is the first time I had seen it at TJ's. And I was lucky that the only color available was red, which is my favorite. Were all of yours offered in one color, or was a variety available?

Valued Contributor

The first time I got a green one, a zebra one (kept that one!) and a pink one. The more recent one I got the only one, royal blue.

Valued Contributor

I have something similar to the Tassi, but not exactly like a Tassi. It is a pair called Turbie Twist I got from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I love those things! If you have longer hair or really any length of hair, those things are a God-send. I won't be without them now. So glad I took the plunge.

Super Contributor
On 9/19/2014 Good4u said:

I have something similar to the Tassi, but not exactly like a Tassi. It is a pair called Turbie Twist I got from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I love those things! If you have longer hair or really any length of hair, those things are a God-send. I won't be without them now. So glad I took the plunge.

I also have a Turbie Twist, and I agree that they are great. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} But it's a hair towel - not really the same thing. The Tassi is primarily used to sweep your hair off your face when cleansing or applying makeup. They are also good for keeping your hair up off your shoulders and dry when showering.

Valued Contributor

Oh heck. I use a homemade version…I use a wide headband and then put a hairband on my hair…does the exact same thing for nothing. Works for me.

Super Contributor
On 9/19/2014 Good4u said:

Oh heck. I use a homemade version…I use a wide headband and then put a hairband on my hair…does the exact same thing for nothing. Works for me.

LOL, that works, too! The primary reason I like the Tassi-types is that you don't need to use a hairband to "roll" your hair up into it. (Hairbands usually make dents in my hair, which means that I need to run the flat-iron through it again.)

Super Contributor

Colonel I'm with you - I love my Tassi. It doesn't matter how long my hair is (or was...) it keeps it off my face and doesn't ruin my style. In fact, I usually have it on for about an hour in the mornings thru my shower and straight through 'til the end of my makeup session. It never bothers my style and my hair stays clean.

I WILL be checking TJs on my next day off for another at that price!!!

Super Contributor
On 9/19/2014 dionline said:

Colonel I'm with you - I love my Tassi. It doesn't matter how long my hair is (or was...) it keeps it off my face and doesn't ruin my style. In fact, I usually have it on for about an hour in the mornings thru my shower and straight through 'til the end of my makeup session. It never bothers my style and my hair stays clean.

I WILL be checking TJs on my next day off for another at that price!!!

I use it the same way!