Respected Contributor

Bright white french manicure

What's up with the Algenist rep's manicure???? All I see is that bright white of the tips of her nails as she's flailing her hands. That white French manicure went out a while ago.

Super Contributor

Re: Bright white french manicure

ITA! French Manicure is very very very dated!

Super Contributor

I haven't see her,Sparkle, but french manicures in my city went out years ago. As a matter of fact, the salon that I patronize, don't do french manicures anymore. Shawn wears them as well and they look dated, but then everyone should do what they want regardless of what 's "Currently in fashion" it's such a small deal.
Respected Contributor

I don't watch Algenist because ,as petty as it might seem to some,her voice makes me nuts. I agree the French manicure is very dated. I do like the modern twist with opaque colors like black on base and a color on tips.
Honored Contributor

I just don't like the shape of them. A lot of people say French manicures are dated, but I still see a lot of people getting them.

MB's oval nails bug me.

Respected Contributor

After years of acrylic and gel nails, I've gone au naturelle. Short & polished. Love it!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of a French manicure but I get my nails professionally done and many, many people are still sporting a French manicure. Many hosts on various shopping channels still do that French manicure.

The last time I had a French manicure done was last winter but I had her use a beige color for the tip and a little darker beige for the rest of my nail so you could barely see the difference. But I got tons of compliments on that look.

Honored Contributor

I've never cared much for french manicures. But what I really dislike is squared off nails. They look so unnatural to me. But, to each their own.

Honored Contributor

Huh? People are putting glitter and mirrors on their nails. We see plaid nails, polka dot nails, a different color on every finger, black nails with yellow tips. But...horrors....not a french manicure!!!!! lol These days there is no "in" or "out" when it comes to nails. It's all good....

Honored Contributor

Mirrors on their nails? That's a new one. lol