Respected Contributor

What is the drugstore lotion for bruises, booboos, etc that I've read about here?

I can't think of the name of it to save my life. I know I've heard Harpa talk about it, and many others. I think it is for when you get a tiny cut or nick, or general skin health. It's at the drugstore, I know. Sorry for being so vague, but I'm going to Walgreen's tomorrow and wanted to get some! TIA!
Super Contributor

Re: What is the drugstore lotion for bruises, booboos, etc that I've read about here?

I can't answer your question, but can you tell me what makes this lotion so beneficial? Also, is it supposed to work for fading fresh scars?

Respected Contributor

Re: What is the drugstore lotion for bruises, booboos, etc that I've read about here?

Are you talking about Arnica? I don't know that it's available as a cream, but I do purchase it as a gel.

Honored Contributor

I don't know what you're referring to but I use arnica for that.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I'm not sure, but it might be Arnica. I think someone posted that it helps with pain and swelling, so it might also help with the bruising.

I see someone has already posted the same information...sorry.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Super Contributor

I would recommend Arnica and/or Bromelain.

Honored Contributor

Go to the left-hand side of the this screen, at the top, click on the drop down box (Forum).

In the Search box, type "bruises"

Click on advance search & type Harpa....boom. All the threads Harpa responded to regarding bruises.

Trusted Contributor

Like others have mentioned, I use Arnica for swelling and/or bruising. I've never used a gel or cream, just the quick dissolve Arnica tablets.

Trusted Contributor

Tamanu oil is another pure oil used for centuries for healing wounds, maintaining skin health. Lauren Hutton used to sell it on HSN. You can purchase it on Amazon in different sizes, combinations, prices.

The lotion is CeraVe. It's reviewed on Paula's Choice and other sites. It won an international competition again this year for best moisturizer. It's very inexpensive and everyone who's commented on it touts its ability to heal overworked skin. Dermatologists recommend it for post peel care. It comes in a plain lotion and variations for the face AM and Face PM.

Honored Contributor

Just remember arnica is not to be used topically on broken skin, it's good for bruises though.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval