Valued Contributor

OT Anyone have the Casper latex mattress?

On my online search to find a good price on a Sealy Hybrid mattress I was interested in I came across the "Casper" mattress and ordered one. It is latex and memory foam and gets rave reviews. The price is great as they do not have a store front, all made in the US with no offgassing or dangerous chemicals and it is free shipping.

Comes in a box and the mattress is shrink wrapped and puffs out into shape on your boxspring or frame. I hoping to love it and my mattress hunt at and end but a little nervous buying something without trying it.

Does anyone have one?

Valued Contributor

Re: OT Anyone have the Casper latex mattress?

I thought at least a few people may have tried this.

I will post in the home forum when I get it and have a chance to try it out.

Wish me luck!

Regular Contributor

I don't have one but I am on the hunt for a new mattress. Please post back when you get it. I would love to know what you think of it. I see they let you try it for 100 days risk free. Good luck and sleep well....
Honored Contributor

I guess my reply was poofed for some unknown reason. All I said was to let me know what you think after you sleep on it for a while. I also said I have a latex pillow that I love but need a new one. There was another post that also got poofed about using a memory foam topper. We have one of those on the bed but it does seem to get hot sometimes. The other poster said that a latex topper they had had the hammocking effect. Can't sleep on it if it's like that. I also said they make mattress's cheap today & only last a few years. I also wondered if Sleep Number made a bed with the latex instead of the memory foam. Don't see anything wrong with my post so don't know why it would be poofed. How stupid is that? Also I think latex would come with different ILD & density for the firmness of it.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been on hunt for a latex hybrid mattress and c o s t c o had one that had good raves but is now out of stock. What I liked about c's mattress is their generous return policy. I'm tired of spending a couple thousand $$ on a mattress that makes my back ache. Was spoiled on a recent vacation where the mattress was very, very good. Tore apart the bed to find the brand name. It was from a local company...not local to me...drat it all.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

Haven't heard of the Casper, but I've looked at the Sealy Hybrids and was interested in them. Please post when you've tried it a while and let us know!

Valued Contributor

The mattress industry is so deceptive and I need a split box spring and you have to pay extra for that and seems such a waste to be required to buy a set so the warranty is not voided. With this one you can use any type of foundation you want which can be an existing box spring, a Bunkie board or put it on the floor even.

I traveling for work until next Thursday and it should be delivered one day next week and can't wait to try it and surely will post my experience. There are lots of You Tubes with reviews, set up and opinions.

Respected Contributor

I would love to hear your results of this mattress. It is USA made, totally, and is reasonably priced compared to regular mattresses.

Regular Contributor

I have a latex mattress without memory foam.I tested it out in a local shop & loved it.I looked online and found a different brand for 40% less.Have had it for 2 years now and love it. It never has to be turned and doesn't get dust mites! So comfy too!