Respected Contributor

Biotera Ultra Color Care 5-in-1 Cleansing Conditioner - Anyone tried it???

OK, with the review posted here about Herbal Essences Cleansing Conditioner, I started looking at them again. I had a coupon for HE and got a discount at Sallys for the Bioterra. I've been using the Bioterra for three washes now since it is for colored hair. I just colored my hair my usual medium vibrant red, Vidal Sassoon.

My hair type, straight, very straight, super fine, super thick, oily, and color treated every 6-8 weeks....I let quite a fire break come through before I dye again....I get busy.

So far the Bioterra has let me wash every other day so far. I use dry shampoo in between and haven't been sweaty/active, so it could need washing every day per my usual shampoo. It does make my hair very, very soft and shiney. I use 3-4 pumps, and repeat 3-4 pumps. I do use a splash of water to distribute it and comb it through and sit while I shower and all. I do make sure I rinse very, very well and scrub my scalp.

I have used WEN and found it to be too moisturizing because my hair was greasy/oily again that night. I used any number of combos of pumps and rinses but still had oily hair. I also tried different formulas, so my only conclusion was that it was too moisturizing even for one wash and 3-4 pumps for it.

Has anyone else tried the Bioterra? What are your thoughts?

Respected Contributor

Re: Biotera Ultra Color Care 5-in-1 Cleansing Conditioner - Anyone tried it???

Yes I have and I really like Bioterra. I tried HairOne, Wen, Renpure ( pom, mint and the coconut one) Vidal Sassoon, Herbal Essences, Pantene and palmers olive oil CC and Bioterra is on top of my favorite cleansing conditioner list.

I also like Bioterra other regular shampoos esp. the long and healthy and the oil one.

Respected Contributor

If its too moisturizing the pantene cowash( not the cleansing conditioner) is a good deep clean and a balanced moisturizer

Respected Contributor

Bioterra does make good shampoos and conditioners. I will try to give this a fair trial. I'm using dry shampoo on day two, but hope to get my oil production leveled out over the month if I can keep being patient.

Respected Contributor

I shampoo every day, even when i can skip my hair feels icky

Respected Contributor

Mine feels like I've got way too much product in it for my liking, but I prefer no product to make it feel stiff. I'm trying to get used to styling products as my style requires it to have volume all day.

Honored Contributor

I bought it recently & have used it 4-5 times. I really like it. Does not make my hair dry & frizzy like a lot of cleansing conditioners or sulfate free shampoos. I just used it earlier. My hair is soft & shiny. I also like the color care Biotera shampoo. I did not care for the Biotera color care conditioner. It seems to make my hair dry. I took it back & exchanged it for the ultra moisturizing. I already have the leave in ultra moisturizing conditioner & really like it. I did not care for the HE in the pink bottle. It made my hair dry so I threw it in the trash. My hair is dry but I do have an oily scalp. I wash every other day unless I'm going some place. I won't leave the house without washing my hair. I just recently switched to Sally Beauty Ion hair color. I really like it.