Regular Contributor

Recommendation of a drugstore hairspray please

I've always use the pentene hairspray. I like something that holds the hair but of course doesn't feel too stiff. It seems like the last two cans just don't hold my hair like before. Any suggestions?
Valued Contributor

Re: Recommendation of a drugstore hairspray please

I have used Elnett for years -- the one with the UV protection in it. Super hold that you can still brush if you want.

Super Contributor

Treseme 3.99 holds like Nick Chavez. Have used it for years. Their volume mousse is great too.

Super Contributor

Try Salon Graphix. It comes in several formulas, and is very similar to Sebastian Shaper Plus.
Regular Contributor

for drugstore, ditto on the Elnett reccomendation. It is also sold at Ulta and the $3.50 coupon works on it.

Super Contributor

I have lost count of how many hair sprays I have tried. I have gone back to Sebastian Shaper Plus because there is NOTHING out there that compares. It's pricier but worth it and I try to purchase when on sale at places like Ulta. I have a short, layered cut and it's the only thing that doesn't make me have "helmet" head.

Honored Contributor

Back when I used hair spray I used Sebastian

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Nexus has a very good hair spray that holds but it's not stiff -- there is movement.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I loved SAMY Fat Hair but they have "improved" the formula and now it makes my hair go flat. I was on vacation in another state and found one can of the original stuff and so happy. I even wrote to the company to let them know the improvement is not a good one and get this; they sent me a free can of it!!

I tried Shaper, GotToBE and Sebastion but have found Kenra 25 to be very nice but it is close to $20 a can.

Respected Contributor

I like Big Sexy Hair and I think you can find it at Wally-mart or Ulta. I need volume and hold on a hair spray--my hair just has a mind of its own.