Contributor

Has anyone tried Delfogo rx vitamin C serum. Has a 22 percent vitamin C and Ferulic acid with vitamin E. Made by Skin Pro.

Honored Contributor

I have not tried it nor have I heard of it but I did want to say, with vitamin C %, more is not necessarily better and the majority (if not all) of research has shown that the % should be 20% or under (but over 10%) for optimal absorption. Anything over that can actually decrease the absorbability of C.

In addition, the pH of the product is also important in choosing a vitamin C because if it is not at the right pH, it will not be as effective or can render the vitamin C completely ineffective.

What type of vitamin C is in it? Packaging is also important for a vitamin C product, especially if it is L-ascorbic Acid. Jar packaging or dropper application exposes it to light and air regularly which will render the C ineffective fairly quickly.

Just some FYI things to consider. Good luck!

Contributor

Thanks HappyDaze for your information. May I ask if you use a Vitamin C and if so which one do you like.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't tried this one, Googled it and see it's available on Amazon. It seems to have a decent and short ingredient deck without a lot of unnecessary fillers.

My only question is about the pH of this serum and it's not mentioned in the item description. Plus, someone asked a question on Amazon on whether the serum should be yellow and that usually indicates that the Vitamin C is starting to oxidize (not a good thing).

Two other reasonably priced brands of Vit. C with ferulic acid and Vit. E are made by ncnskincare.com (20% Vit. C) and asdmbeverlyhills.com (15% Vit. C). I've used both of these and like them equally well and the pH of both serums are in the correct range (pH of less than 3.5). Both products are in pump bottles, not dropper bottles like the Delfogo serum.

On the ASDM site, look for their Vit. C E Ferulic serum under "Antioxidants".

The NCN site has Vit. C serum listed in their Product Categories.

Honored Contributor
On 9/18/2014 benm said:

Thanks HappyDaze for your information. May I ask if you use a Vitamin C and if so which one do you like.

you are welcome and i hope that helps a little.

I do use a vitamin C. It is the NCN one that Sweet Susie mentioned. I've been using it for well over a year now even though she tweaked the formula just bit a few months after I started using it, imho the change made it even better. I love it and don't plan to change any time soon. One bottle lasts me about 3 months (sometimes a little more).

There are some other good ones out there too but just keep in mind the points I mentioned when choosing one. Also keep in mind, L-ascorbic is the gold standard for vitamin C (meaning most effective) but it can also be more irritating. I hadn't been able to use any L-ascorbic vitamin C products (irritated my skin too much) until I tried NCN's. MAP and SAP are also good choices for vitamin C and known to be less irritating.

Contributor

Thanks HappyDaze and Sweet Susie. I'm going to try the NCN product that you both have used. Sounds good.

Super Contributor

Since this discussion is about Vit-C...what is everyone's thoughts on Isomers Vitamin C products? I have both the serum and the peel. I use the serum more than the peel. What say you all? TIA

Honored Contributor
On 9/18/2014 benm said:

Thanks HappyDaze and Sweet Susie. I'm going to try the NCN product that you both have used. Sounds good.

If you do purchase it, use this code BTS914 for savings. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor
On 9/18/2014 howwhatwhen said:

Since this discussion is about Vit-C...what is everyone's thoughts on Isomers Vitamin C products? I have both the serum and the peel. I use the serum more than the peel. What say you all? TIA

I am not familiar with it so hopefully others who are will chime in! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor
On 9/18/2014 howwhatwhen said:

I've looked at the ingredients in the Isomers Vit. C serum and it's composed of Vit. C derivatives including MAP. I think this serum would be great if you have sensitive skin and can't use a Vit. C serum with L-ascorbic acid. I don't have a problem with using a Vit. C serum with L-ascorbic acid but some people find it too irritating.

Marta at Truth in Aging discusses Vit. C derivatives here, so you'll have to read it and determine if this type of Vit. C serum is appropriate for your skin or if you would like to try another Vit. C serum with L-ascorbic acid.