Contributor

Best application tool for Edward Bess Black Sea Mousse foundation?

There must be a learning curve with this foundation, I either don't use enough or it looks too much like foundation on my skin....He has such a loyal following and it is an expensive product.

I would appreciate any comments and tips....

TIA {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Valued Contributor

Re: Best application tool for Edward Bess Black Sea Mousse foundation?

I would also like to here from those who have used this foundation. I love the look I get from this product and I apply with my fingers. Unfortunately, I break out in my T-Zone whenever I use it. Maybe it's my application or could be the ingredients. I want it to work for me too. Thank you for the post.
Valued Contributor

I didn't have a good outcome with his foundation, either. Or the concealer. I know he has quite a following, but the foundation broke me out and looked heavy using only a tiny dot. The concealer creased under my eyes.

Respected Contributor

First of all, if it's breaking you out, send it back. No kidding, his products are expensive and if you are paying that much for something, you ought to be satisfied. He and Lisa stressed that the foundation is matte. I am 53,but living in Southwest Florida, I sweat-I gravitate towards non-oily foundations. If you have dry skin however, I can see where you might have problems. To apply the foundation I dot it on with the brush he provides, starting at my jaw and blend in inwards toward my nose BUT I do not use that brush-I don't care for it. To blend liquids and mousse foundations, I get the best results with the brush that came with Tarte Amazonian Clay:it's big and I find that I get even distribution. Another brush I dearly love is very similar and made by Urban Decay (available at Sephora or Ulta- I don't remember). It's called "air brush" or something like that. As far as the concealer goes, you need the tiniest amount. You should pat it on - no rubbing. Once again, I don't care for the brush that came with that either. I prefer the brush that came with a Trish Mcevoy kit I bought some time ago....but I am finding it is settling into some fine lines under my eyes, but curiously enough, it works really well as a primer on my mildly crepey lids. If it didn't work so well there, I would send it back...I hope this helps, but if you are unhappy and not getting the results you want, send it back, and don't be embarrassed: not all products work for everybody. Poodlepet
Regular Contributor

My fingers!
Respected Contributor

I got this, and it was the first time I ever used a foundation brush.

Still needed some work with fingertips though!

It is a full coverage foundation, for sure. If I could continue using it, there would be a learning curve for me to not apply too much. I don't really need full coverage.

I got the lightest shade, and shockingly, it was TOO LIGHT for me. I think it is only the second foundation in my entire life that was too light. Most are too dark and too yellow for me.

The brush came with it, so I probably would have just used my fingertips.

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

I use a makeup sponge -- the common wedge, not anything fancy. I hate brushes and don't like applying mu with my fingers -- too messy. Sponges make it pretty easy to control application and get mu to spread smoothly.