Occasional Contributor

Dermal Fillers Juvaderm XC Restylane, Etc.

I have been thinking about doing dermal fillers for over a year. What do you think about the dermal fillers and what have been your experiences? I do not need MAJOR work but wanted to start here....I am 62 years young but want to get rid of some trouble areas around my mouth. Please fill me me on your experiences since you women are the best!

Contributor

Re: Dermal Fillers Juvaderm XC Restylane, Etc.

I've used Juvederm Ultra and Restylane and both are a great alternative to serious ""work."" I will be trying the Juvederm Voluma next week since I seem to dissolve the others pretty fast. This is supposed to work for 2 years....I'd settle for one. But it works on the cheek area and it isn't painful at all. I'm 66 and I've had a prior facelift at 52 and I want to maintain without a scalpel. This works for me.

Super Contributor

db, There are a lot of previous threads on this topic if you do a Search. I have had Juvederm. It was exceptionally painful to me despite prior numbing and the addition of lidocaine in the mixture. I had naso-labial lines done (which I didn't really need to do) and marionette lines (which were my main concern) and the corners of my mouth (which made the most dramatic difference in my case). The effect was nice. It's supposed to last for 6 months to a year and mine lasted for almost one year.

I won't be doing it again too soon except perhaps for the corners of my mouth which is a tiny amount.

Honored Contributor

I have been a "user" for several years.......Juvederm did wonders for my naso-labial folds, and marionette lines. The last time.....last April, I think.....I had some Voluma XC put beneath my cheekbones. It did wonders to "pull up" my sagging cheeks. I love this stuff. And I'm older than you are. It is also an "emotional boost" to not look so droopy(!) I plan to keep this up until I'm in a nursing home and they won't let me out.............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I tried Restylane for the first time last year and loved the results. Mine lasted for about 8 months. My DD works for a derm but not in my area. She said many women my age prefer Radiesse because it gives longer lasting results. However, it is more costly than Restylane. What I like about the injection is that you look like yourself but better. It is not artificial looking at all. It takes away from the droopy look as Desertdi mentioned above.

Contributor

I say go for it db! I have had Juvederm 3x over the past 4 years and it made such a difference for me. Droopy corners of mouth lifted, nasolabial folds softened and upper lip lines filled. I had numbing first and honestly did not find it that painful. I have had Botox also and that hurt worse.... It's really worth every penny!!

Valued Contributor

Another happy user here - I started out with Restylane and switched to Juvederm, and I've been very happy with the results. In my case, it just makes me look like a more rested, less droopy version of myself, and that's all I need - I'm 64, and I'm certainly not trying to con anyone into thinking I'm 30.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Contributor

I am also considering fillers for droopy lower face, marionette lines and nasal labial folds. I think that you pay for these according to number of syringes utilized. Can someone tell me approx how many syringes would be required for tbe areas noted, and secondly, what could I expect to pay for these treatments? Thank you all for your input! So helpful!
Frequent Contributor

On 9/18/2014 Sweetcheeks723 said:

I say go for it db! I have had Juvederm 3x over the past 4 years and it made such a difference for me. Droopy corners of mouth lifted, nasolabial folds softened and upper lip lines filled. I had numbing first and honestly did not find it that painful. I have had Botox also and that hurt worse.... It's really worth every penny!!

Sweetcheeks - Question about your upper lip lines. What did they use and where exactly did they put it? I did Belotero several months ago and it was SO painful and not much of a difference. The derm specifically put it in each 'big' line above my lip. After that, I pretty much gave up trying to help my upper lip lines. (they make me look like a smoker which I've never been...too much sunshine I think). Anyway, I'm very curious as it's still a concern for me. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

I'll be making my botox apt at the end of the month. I haven't had Juvederm in 18 months. I like the filler and the results, but it hurts so much and I have 1 lip line crease that stands out, as well as some hairline scars around my mouth from childhood. I think I'm going to just be a big girl and try the Juvederm in Dec.