Regular Contributor

What is the best holding hairspray??

I mean, really, no one runs their fingers through my hair anymore. I want my short hair to hold through a hurricane! I see no sense in spraying my hair and being able to brush it right out. I don't mind helmet head!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is the best holding hairspray??

I like hair sprays with good hold, too. I use john Frieda ---in the purple and silver can. At walmart, you can buy it for $5. It's better, in my opinion, than most of the expensive hair sprays. I've used it for several years now.
Esteemed Contributor

Vandyfan.....I used to be a professor at Vanderbilt. I made a career change and now work in a corporate job here in Nashville. Glad to see another vandy fan on the boards. Smiley Happy
Contributor

LOL, I don't mind helmet head either .... I have short hair and like it to stay all day so one of the sprays I've used recently is Tigi Bed Head Hard Head spray from Amazon or Drugstore (.com) - I used to use Shaper or Shaper Plus, but I don't know if they make it anymore. I also liked Fekaii hairspray from Beauty (.com), but it's expensive and I'm not sure if they've changed their formula ... It seems to be more difficult to find. I look forward to seeing what other brands people post!
Trusted Contributor

I use Matrix Amplify Volume Proforma Extra Hold Hair Spray. I try to buy it at Ulta when they have buy 2 get one free, or sometimes JCP has a 2/1. I stock up. I have fine hair but a lot of it, medium length and very wavy, so as it grows out from a cut it gets very heavy. I've tried dozens of sprays, this is the only one that keeps the hold.
Valued Contributor

Aveda Firmata. It's the best.
Super Contributor

Big Sexy Hair Spray "All Nighter" (max. hold)

Big Sexy Hair "Spray and Play Harder" (firm hold)

Big Sexy Hair "Spray and Play" (reg. hold)

The first two have excellent hold, non-sticky, non-offensive scent, I like them both.

Lola
Respected Contributor

BIG RED SEXY SPRAY AND PLAY....WE ALL USE IT HERE FOR YEARS AND YEARS, THE BEST THEIR IS, BUT I ONLY LIKE THE SPARY AND PLAY ONE....

Occasional Contributor

I like Aussie's Instant Freeze.
Respected Contributor

Hello, vandyfan.

I haven't tried this, but Nick Chavez has a product called Red Carpet Extra Hold Finishing Hair Spray. The can says extra hold on it, so that might help. Though, you might be disappointed by the fact that it might give you the hold without the helmet head effect. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder