Honored Contributor
I wanted to try one of the beauty boxes available and got a Ipsy one which is $10. I have to say I was underwhelmed. It was 5 very small products that I never would have bought. I'm thinking of cancelling it already. Has anyone gotten a beauty box they like or are they all the same?
Honored Contributor

Re: Disappointing Beauty Box

Oh yes. I discontinued the beauty test tubes (sold here at the Q as well as on their own site) because all the products were too dark for my skin tone.
Honored Contributor

i bought the ipsy one when it was called something else (cant even remember the name). i kept it up for 6 months and then i gave it up.....there were times that the only thing i liked were the bags. i wasnt impressed.

the only one i have really liked was the beauty tube that is sold on qvc and via their own site, but that one is a lot more expensive. it did have some nice full sized products though. i even gave that one up though, but they keep sending me emails now to join again and get 10 dollars off of my first tube.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

I get Ipsy and Birch Box and am canceling both. Usually just one time samples, so decided to save myself $20.00 a month.

Esteemed Contributor

I tried a couple of the beauty subscriptions and cancelled. Seemed like the first box or two was good (to hook you?) and after that, really bad.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

I just cancelled my subscription. They ask you to check off the reasons why you're cancelling. I wonder if they listen to the feedback? What a waste of money!
Trusted Contributor

Someone posted about the Walmart Beauty Box on Sept 15 (scroll to the previous Beauty forum page). $5 with good sized samples. Sounds like a bargain.
Valued Contributor

I've tried a few boxes. The only two I've liked is Blush.com mystery box, for $24.99 a month. They're full sized products & you definitely get your moneys worth. However, the products can pile up. I ended up with a lot of full size items that I never used, so I cancelled. I'm now using Beauty DNA & LOVE it. You pay $25 a month & they match you with one product after you fill out a questionnaire. They rotate from skin, body care, hair care. So far I've liked every product they have sent & it cut down how much product I was buying. I got a well known expensive eye cream & serum for only $25. The serum was over $110. The cheaper sample boxes are blah & not worth it IMO.

Honored Contributor

I was going to say that the blush boxes looked really good but seagrl21 beat me to it! a bit more expensive than the others but appears to be worth it. I've also been happy with the two total beauty packages I got from hsn and I liked the QVC one, not the test tube, but the other for $20. it's nice to be able to try the products they carry without spending the full price and hsn even gives you a $10 coupon to use if you do want to purchase the full sized item
Esteemed Contributor

I like Ipsy. $10 & it includes shipping. The liner pencil alone retails at $10.99 at Target, the criminal powder $12.99 at Sephora. These two & the lipstick are full sizes plus a perfume for the purse & a hair masque for 4 uses, not to mention a really cute makeup bag. The value far exceeds anything you can purchase at qvc.