Super Contributor

Jo Malone's new fragrance: Wood Sage & Sea Salt

I sampled this fragrance today while at lunch. I like it. It does smell very "woodsy" to me. I think it would make a good fall/winter fragrance.

Still thinking about it, though.

Has anyone purchased or tested?

Super Contributor

Re: Jo Malone's new fragrance: Wood Sage & Sea Salt

I tried a sample tester in a magazine...I thought it smelled very woody/woodsy, too. I didn't like it. I thought it leaned past the unisex fragrance point and toward the masculine side for me.

Trusted Contributor

No, but I will be sure to check it out next time I am at Nordstrom. I generally prefer her lighter fragrances, but it sounds interesting. Thanks for letting us know about it, maddiecat.

Frequent Contributor

Too funny you posted this. I was just in Nordstrom yesterday and sampled this. I love, love it! I think it has a musky - woodsy vibe yet something fresh about it (maybe something aquatic like). I am sorry not so great at describing scents just know this is on my wish list for a gift from hubby. I tend not to like floral scents and do tend to gravitate toward unisex type fragrances so I guess that maybe what appealed to me like the one poster stated.

Honored Contributor

sounds lovely, like something I'd like. I've never tried that brand of scents before.

Honored Contributor

I tested it (received a sample) and I really liked it. It's different and I am not much for heavy florals so I welcome other scents. I wear the Pomegranate Noir by Jo Malone for fall/winter which I purchased last year and the bottle is almost full.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I like the magazine sample, so I'll try it in the store next. I like all kinds of fragrances, but prefer unisex for winter. This one might fit the bill!
Valued Contributor

Hi Maddie-

I just posted to another thread about this scent yesterday. I've only sniffed it from the magazine inserts (and rubbed the scent on my wrist) but I really like it. Smiley Happy I'm not typically a deeper fragrance gal. I continue to wear mostly lighter scents in the fall and winter. But this one is a bit unusual and not too heavy. There's just a little layer of depth to it. Without it being overpowering at all, IMO. If I was in the market a scent right now I would definitely purchase. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

On 9/17/2014 KatCat1 said:

I tested it (received a sample) and I really liked it. It's different and I am not much for heavy florals so I welcome other scents. I wear the Pomegranate Noir by Jo Malone for fall/winter which I purchased last year and the bottle is almost full.

Kathy, I may have to try this. You and I have the same taste in fragrances. Love Pom Noir so I should like this if you do.

Honored Contributor

I have been looking for a wood note scent and tried this. For me it didn't work, I loved the Tom Ford Oud's but they didn't last long enough on me to justify the cost.

If you want some intense scents check out Sephora for Toykomilk Dark, but I don't think Jo Malones are very intense

I ended up buying one of the ToykoMilk scents which is very woody