Honored Contributor

I bought the TSV kit & a little confused. I did not watch any of the presentations & decided last minute to order it. I never do anything with my nails except file & buff. Never used nail polish much. The kit came with Nail Guard Strengthener, Pink Gel Coat & Gel Coat Taupe Color. Do I just use the nail strengthener 1st then the Pink Gel Coat or the Taupe or do I use all 3 at the same time??? I applied the strengthener plus pink gel coat. My nails look the same as they normally do except shinier. TIA

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Frequent Contributor

Re: Perfect Formula Help Plz

I ordered the TSV also and used it for the first time on Sunday. I layered the pink coat over the clear coat, but I believe you can use each one separately. I think the purpose of the polish is to strengthen and repair your nails over time. Though I have the pink coat on, you cannot tell indoors. But I was just outside an hour ago for a walk and my nails definitely looked a pretty shade of pink Smile. My nails alone are not very attractive (IMO). Some of them bend down a little or look completely flat. Whenever I use polish, it helps to shape my nail and make them look much prettier. Perfect Formula does that for me, has not chipped and makes them feel really strong.

Honored Contributor

Thanks. That's kind of what I thought was to use each on it's own or 2 or all 3 for that matter. Maybe the pink over the color. Mine has not chipped yet either. That's why I never bothered before with polish. Are you on auto delivery? I set mine up on auto delivery. Not sure what is in the future shipments. Do you know? Just the 3 nail polishes like in this kit where you get the strengthener, pink gel coat & a different color. I assume you don't get the bag, clippers, cuticle clipper & cuticle pusher? I only saw it for a few mins when they mentioned the different color polish.

Honored Contributor

You can use them all alone or in combination.

The pink gel coat has a UV brightener that will make the whites of your nails whiter. If you don't notice a difference, do one nail with the pink and go out into the sun, as UV reacts better under the sun's UV rays than under most indoor bulbs. You should see a difference. I know I do. If you use two coats, it's even brighter. If your nails are yellowed or stained, the effect works, but it's much more subtle.

You can use any of them alone or as a base coat for other polishes. If you want to wear a sheer color and have your nails look clean and white underneath, like a subtle French manicure or an American manicure, use the pink gel coat and a sheer polish over it. If you like nail color to be very opaque and hate it when the whites of your nails show though (Visible Nail Line!), you can use the taupe as a base coat and it will help camouflage your natural nail under the color polish. If neither of those matter, you can just use the clear strengthener.

I love the effect of the pink gel coat, but one coat is not strong enough for me and 2 or three coats can be too pink. Sometimes I use the pink gel over the clear strengthener to get added strength without making my nail too pink.

Pink gel coat is one of my favorite base coats to wear under my sheer colors because it gives my nails a beautiful look with no effort.

If you have very yellowed or stained nails, you'll have to address that to get the best effect of the pink gel coat. I like to use whitening toothpaste and a nail brush to scrubs stains away and, if they're very bad, I will also use a nail buffer to remove the topmost layer of nail. I save buffing for bad stains and do it rarely, as it will make the nails too thin if done frequently. Some stains are so bad I just have to wait for them to grow out.

Honored Contributor

Thanks ChynnaBlue. I don't have any yellowing or staining on my nails. I don't mind the whites coming through. I like it. I guess I did not think about that if I use the taupe color that came with it. I think I will try the taupe color & the other colors that come in the auto delivery shipments. In the future I will probably stick with the strengthener & the pink gel coat. I will probably like that the best.

Frequent Contributor

On 9/17/2014 Nightowlz said:

Thanks. That's kind of what I thought was to use each on it's own or 2 or all 3 for that matter. Maybe the pink over the color. Mine has not chipped yet either. That's why I never bothered before with polish. Are you on auto delivery? I set mine up on auto delivery. Not sure what is in the future shipments. Do you know? Just the 3 nail polishes like in this kit where you get the strengthener, pink gel coat & a different color. I assume you don't get the bag, clippers, cuticle clipper & cuticle pusher? I only saw it for a few mins when they mentioned the different color polish.

Yes, I am on A-D and looking forward to the different color. The future shipment will only include the polishes (clear coat, pink coat , and whatever new color they choose) and will be $29.98 I believe.

Honored Contributor

On 9/17/2014 Serena_1130 said:
On 9/17/2014 Nightowlz said:

Yes, I am on A-D and looking forward to the different color. The future shipment will only include the polishes (clear coat, pink coat , and whatever new color they choose) and will be $29.98 I believe.

Thanks. Glad it's at a lower price.

Smile

Honored Contributor

I just went out back & shook out my dust mop so I could dust the floors. I checked out my nails & they do have a pretty shiny pink color to them. Very pretty. I like the look a lot as I have never really cared to wear nail color but do like the French manicure look. Hopefully this stuff will make my soft nails harder.