Respected Contributor

OK Girls, I asked my hair dresser about WEN and she said, do not use it. She told me why but I want opinions here.

Why and what is the difference between WEN products and Nick Chavez products and can one person use both?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

WEN is just basically a gimmick. The idea of WEN is to throw away everything you are using as shampoo is so BAD.... and then buy expensive WEN. stock up... Buy GALLONS OF THE STUFF, wash your dogs with it..... it will change your life.{#emotions_dlg.sneaky} People are desperate to have model hair....and will believe anything. The honest answer is.... There is nothing wrong with shampoo. NOTHING.

Can you use both WEN and NICK C. products? Of course you can. In fact you would come out ahead using Nicks products to get your scalp clean from all the WEN build up.

WEN is just ridiculously priced.... and a lot of hype. You can just go to the store and by Suave or Pantene and save a lot of money not buying either WEN or Nick Chavez. But if I had to choose between the two... I would go with Nick's products.

Honored Contributor

oh boy

get ready

Super Contributor

Well I wouldn't go solely by what your hairstylist said because you'll get differing opinions depending on which one you ask. My hairstylist says it's a good product and has no problem with me using it although she thinks I need to use a clarifying shampoo from time to time. I think they are both good lines, but Wen works better for me than anything else I has used in the past. There is no "hype" involved--just results for me.

Honored Contributor

It doesn't surprise me at all that your stylist would tell you not to use WEN. First of all, you have to question why she's saying that. Has she only read about WEN or does she really know and understand what it is? Unless a person understands Chaz Dean's theory/philosophy and how WEN works, they will believe the same notion as every other skeptic out there who says you need to have lather in order to cleanse anything....well, that's just not true. How many of us out there who use cleansing oils on our faces? They don't lather, but provide a beautiful result. Secondly, part of a salon's/stylist's income is retail sales. They buy product from a supply house or account rep for around 1/2 of what a client purchases it from the salon for. The markup is pure profit. Since WEN is only sold in limited ways and not available to salons they way the other big name brands are, of course your stylist wants you to buy something that's going to help her own bottom line. WEN is formulated from botanicals and oils that nourish and cleanse the hair and scalp without lather and without the chemicals that will strip the hair and scalp and cause them to be dry, frizzy, broken, flakey, etc. Can a person use both Nick Chavez and WEN? Of course, a person can do anything they want. However, it's my own personal opinion that it's doesn't make sense to do so. WEN isn't cheap, but it works. IMO, if a person is going to use it then use it the way it's intended or don't complain when you don't get the expected results. But why would someone want the conditioning properties of WEN, but then undo all the good by using shampoo? To me, it's like you're either all in or don't bother...but that's me. Other people do just as you have suggested, shampoo with one product and condition with WEN. To cleanse with Nick Chavez shampoo and condition with WEN makes WEN nothing more than an expensive conditioner. That's how I feel now. Could I change my mind somewhere along the line? Sure I could. Right now I have the luxury of being able to use WEN exclusively, but maybe one day I won't. If I do change my opinion though, it would be because of the cost, not because of the actual product and how it works.

Respected Contributor

If WEN is gentle enough to wash my dog it must be a good product. It might be worth trying on him to make him smell good.

I see so many good things about it but I have very short hair and do not think it would do for me what it does for long hair.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

The difference, look at the ingredient list. That's where it's obvious. Wen is a patented product. Nick Chavez sells shampoo and conditioner, it's not a cleansing conditioner like Wen. Wen is not like commercial conditioner which is not designed to cleanse hair.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

OP, since your hairdresser told you why she wouldn't use Wen, I'd really be interested to know. I have used Wen but not NC. I had a bad experience with Wen.

Respected Contributor
On 9/17/2014 FLsunlover said:

Well I wouldn't go solely by what your hairstylist said because you'll get differing opinions depending on which one you ask. My hairstylist says it's a good product and has no problem with me using it although she thinks I need to use a clarifying shampoo from time to time. I think they are both good lines, but Wen works better for me than anything else I has used in the past. There is no "hype" involved--just results for me.

As I looked around her shop and saw all of the products she was selling but no WEN I thought to myself, of course she would say that.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor
On 9/17/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

It doesn't surprise me at all that your stylist would tell you not to use WEN. First of all, you have to question why she's saying that. Has she only read about WEN or does she really know and understand what it is? Unless a person understands Chaz Dean's theory/philosophy and how WEN works, they will believe the same notion as every other skeptic out there who says you need to have lather in order to cleanse anything....well, that's just not true. How many of us out there who use cleansing oils on our faces? They don't lather, but provide a beautiful result. Secondly, part of a salon's/stylist's income is retail sales. They buy product from a supply house or account rep for around 1/2 of what a client purchases it from the salon for. The markup is pure profit. Since WEN is only sold in limited ways and not available to salons they way the other big name brands are, of course your stylist wants you to buy something that's going to help her own bottom line. WEN is formulated from botanicals and oils that nourish and cleanse the hair and scalp without lather and without the chemicals that will strip the hair and scalp and cause them to be dry, frizzy, broken, flakey, etc. Can a person use both Nick Chavez and WEN? Of course, a person can do anything they want. However, it's my own personal opinion that it's doesn't make sense to do so. WEN isn't cheap, but it works. IMO, if a person is going to use it then use it the way it's intended or don't complain when you don't get the expected results. But why would someone want the conditioning properties of WEN, but then undo all the good by using shampoo? To me, it's like you're either all in or don't bother...but that's me. Other people do just as you have suggested, shampoo with one product and condition with WEN. To cleanse with Nick Chavez shampoo and condition with WEN makes WEN nothing more than an expensive conditioner. That's how I feel now. Could I change my mind somewhere along the line? Sure I could. Right now I have the luxury of being able to use WEN exclusively, but maybe one day I won't. If I do change my opinion though, it would be because of the cost, not because of the actual product and how it works.

About the cost, it is expensive but I see it on an infomercial much cheaper is it the same product?

Don't worry, be Happy!