Trusted Contributor

I got an ad for a new face oil and it sounds good, made by a Dr. Susan Lark it is called Trilane , it's a face oil that works on all skin types, no chemical irritation, glowing not greasy and has a built-in anti-aging power because of its natural antioxidants. Has anyone tried this new face oil? and could you tell us what you think of it? The ad sounds great but I've been burnt in the past not checking out skin products. Would love to hear about it if anyone has been using it and the results. Thanks in advance!

Super Contributor

What is the oil -- or oils?

Trusted Contributor
On 9/16/2014 MarenSeattle said:

What is the oil -- or oils?

The Doctor mentions botanicals like squalane for smoothing wrinkles and jojoba esters for their unique ability to firm and tone skin. I guess we normally have squalane in our skin but as we age is declines her oil hydrates and prevents future loss of moisture. and the jojoba esters firms the skin and improves dryness, flaky and rough skin. I guess you can use it on other areas like elbows for dryness, and as a base for lipstick. That's about all I know I was hoping someone has used it and could tell me if its as good as it sounds.

Respected Contributor
I did a little sleuthing. Seems a proper ingredient deck is elusive but the gist of it is squalane followed jojoba esthers and a little lavender oil (many think this is bad for your skin ling term) for a pleasant scent. Not ground breaking stuff.
Super Contributor

Hi Craftie

This oil has been around for years. I always get her brochure, but no longer does she give out a free sample. The "hype" is that you will see wonders overnight just using the sample. Well, I'm a bad test subject cause this did nothing on my skin & I don't like lavender. I received enough samples to use for a couple of weeks.

The ingredients listed on the samples I've received in the past are squalane, jojoba esthers, & lavender oil. The latest brochure I received was a couple of weeks ago & I don't remember lavender oil being mentioned.

Unless you can get a sample, don't waste your money. Organic jojoba oil is excellent for the skin & that's widely available. You could probably make your own blend.

Hope this helps.

Trusted Contributor
On 9/19/2014 patheticcosmetics said:

Hi Craftie

This oil has been around for years. I always get her brochure, but no longer does she give out a free sample. The "hype" is that you will see wonders overnight just using the sample. Well, I'm a bad test subject cause this did nothing on my skin & I don't like lavender. I received enough samples to use for a couple of weeks.

The ingredients listed on the samples I've received in the past are squalane, jojoba esthers, & lavender oil. The latest brochure I received was a couple of weeks ago & I don't remember lavender oil being mentioned.

Unless you can get a sample, don't waste your money. Organic jojoba oil is excellent for the skin & that's widely available. You could probably make your own blend.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for answering my question, I will check out the oils at my organic market and see what they suggest. Sometimes, you get these ads and they seem to good to be true. I think we all are looking for the magic cream that probably doesn't exist.

Trusted Contributor

I bought a bottle of this, quite awhile back now...a few years ago....there was an unscented version also, no lavender....did nothing for my skin...never re-ordered