Super Contributor

Marta at Truth In Aging has developed a line for thinning hair/balding for women

It uses copper peptides and emu oil. A couple of videos on the site if you're interested.

My Crowning Glory is a fond memory -- I honestly can't believe that I once had FABULOUS hair. Now the hairline is receding (has receded, I should say) I have a few bald areas, it is so THIN and FINE. It's heartbreaking, and I know I'm not alone.

I don't want to use minoxidil, have been taking Andrew's Hair/Skin supplements for a couple of months (nothing to report yet), but this sounds like it could be the oomph that will help.

I'm currently slogging through the reviews which are mostly positive, and am going to give this some serious thought.

Just wanted to share if anyone else is interested. You'll have to cut and paste -- don't know how to embed links from my iPad.

If you check it out, please share your thoughts.

https://www.truthinaging.com/review/the-truth-vitality-collection-video?utm_source=iContact&utm_medi...

Super Contributor

Re: Marta at Truth In Aging has developed a line for thinning hair/balding for women

Seriously? Over 100 views and no one else is interested in this? Apparently I'm the only one who is losing hair. I guess I'll know where NOT to come for advice! :-) I'm really surprised -- and happy for you all who don't have this problem!

Honored Contributor

Re: Marta at Truth In Aging has developed a line for thinning hair/balding for women

I am surprised too as there are alot of posts on these forums about ladies losing their hair duet to meds, menopause or illness or that have thin hair after menopause, etc.

Anyway, I don't have this issue (yet?? {#emotions_dlg.crying}) but I hope it works for you. I am sure it is so disheartening going from lush hair to thin hair. Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

I'm afraid it's probably because copper peptides and emu oil are old news and don't work.

Respected Contributor

The boards are mostly deserted so not a lot of action on any threads that I can see.

I'll be interested in hearing your results. You certainly aren't alone in the hair dept.!

Frequent Contributor

I'm interested in the subject, but didn't click on the link because I've used copper peptides on my hair (Dr Pickard) and it wasn't good for blondes. I don't use emu oil because it's an animal product. So, the subject caught my interest but I don't plan to investigate this line. Sorry! Thanks for posting it though.

My current program is to keep my scalp as clean as possible and refrain from using irritating and clogging ingredients. I'm having good results using less products. A decent shampoo, very little conditioner if any, no styling products if at all possible. Check any meds used, either OTC or Rx, for possible hair loss side effects.

Esteemed Contributor

I am interested in the subject also. My hair has always been plentiful but very fine and since menopause, it does look a bit thinner, which is kind of alarming. It's OK for now and I want to keep it that way.

My mom's hair really thinned as she got older, and I definitely want to avoid it if I can.

Super Contributor

On 9/16/2014 HappyDaze said:

I am surprised too as there are alot of posts on these forums about ladies losing their hair duet to meds, menopause or illness or that have thin hair after menopause, etc.

Anyway, I don't have this issue (yet?? {#emotions_dlg.crying}) but I hope it works for you. I am sure it is so disheartening going from lush hair to thin hair. Smiley Sad

It doesn't happen to everybody, HD -- so don't worry that you're destined to walk this way. :-)

Honored Contributor

Why are you not interested in minoxidil which is proven to work and instead are willing to use something that doesn't work?

Super Contributor

On 9/16/2014 Pagan said:

I'm afraid it's probably because copper peptides and emu oil are old news and don't work.

I didn't know that -- thought it was a new breakthrough in a ""natural"" treatment. :-(