Super Contributor

Tova is the reason I watch QVC. I have read so many post on the loves and dislikes in the forum,and review areas. First I can understand how the fragrance got a large and confusing rap. I say If you do not like TOVA then send it back. If you cannot get over change then enjoy the memory. I remember a very nice Chanel fragrance that was destroyed by re formulation and It was like a death. I still say I do not know who did this at Chanel but I can say your post and reviews are here,whereas Chanel dos not have a site where it receives our reviews.

I was so glad to see Tovas mascara duo brought back,and honestly it is 90% the same ,for the exception of the famed scent it once had and it was a rose ,a clean rose. My point on this post is to keep the TOVA reviews alive as If we one day bring the ever classy TOVA back with fair air time and a decent time of day as Q did years ago then ,and only then will we see Tova get fair game in the arena and thus promp her to bring back her amazing line CACTINE, and the beauty line that honest has the best ever eyeliners.

LET'S BE POSOTIVE, LET'S SUPPORT TOVA- and LET'S REMEMBER IT IS THE Q who has control and last for those of you who know Tova she is a force....and this is why if we post and remain loyal I just know we are going to see the GRAND TOVA, given A GRAND LINEUP- I say use your contact info and show support.

I miss the Cactine so very much ,and my theory on the TOVA scent is I smell it today ,and remember the first time- It is my memory- WE LOVE YOU TOVA-

Respected Contributor

She had the best makeup brushes. I'm still using them years later....except for the shadow brush that I lost. {#emotions_dlg.sad} They still look brand new, and I've given them no special care. I'd love to see these again....I'd buy more!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the review of the mascara. I wondered how close it was to the original which I wore for about five years. Tova used to have some of the best values and gift sets around the holidays. I still have several of the rollerballs, a crystal refillable pendant, and those beautiful mini crystal bottles of Tova, Tova Nights, and Body, Mind, & Spirit.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Super Contributor

Hi, and welcome!

You have a good point -- keep the Tova subject alive and in the spotlight.

I tried her original scent years ago and thought it was lovely. Didn't re-order because at the time I was into heavier scents.

I'd love to give it another go now that my preferences have changed, but have been leery because of the comments on the new formulation.

So tell me, what do you think of this current incarnation? Don't worry about comparing it to the original, it's been about 20 years since I tried it initially and I don't even remember what exactly it smelled like. Just give it a review objectively -- you may convince me! :-)

She is just so lovely and classy. I remember a TV show where they would "set up" a celebrity and she participated and they set up Ernie. They pretended that his their house was infested with termites or something, and he came home to find it all under those tent/bubble things.

He was apoplectic! He was ranting and raving, and she was helpless with laughter, trying so hard to play along. It was so funny, and she was so good, and I'm smiling even now as I'm recalling it. :-)

Respected Contributor

Yes there is plenty of room for Tova here at the Q, she had a faithful following and I dont understand why they discontinued her line. The Q could stand to class it up here a bit, bring Tova back, please...

Respected Contributor

I loved so many of Tova's products. She had the best makeup, some great skin and haircare and I will forever miss Body Velvet!!

Honored Contributor

I watch her when she is on just because I think she is so lovely and beautiful and elegant. I've never tried her products and I love the story MarenSeattle shared- I'd love to have watched that.

Many people were excited about her mascara coming back but then after it was on, I never saw another thread about it- those that bought it never came back to comment on it so I just assumed they weren't very happy with it now??

I am not a huge perfume user but I am really dying to try her original scent although I do wonder if it may be too heavy for me as I like lighter scents. I really wanted to try the body cleansing oil in the scent and maybe the body lotion (does she do it in a body butter?) so if she has a set like that for a decent price, I may give it a try. It sounds very intriguing to me.

I am also interested in her other scents but again, I don't really want to buy the perfume since I don't really wear it much.

I'd love to see her on more!

Super Contributor
On 9/16/2014 HappyDaze said:

I watch her when she is on just because I think she is so lovely and beautiful and elegant. I've never tried her products and I love the story MarenSeattle shared- I'd love to have watched that.

Many people were excited about her mascara coming back but then after it was on, I never saw another thread about it- those that bought it never came back to comment on it so I just assumed they weren't very happy with it now??

I am not a huge perfume user but I am really dying to try her original scent although I do wonder if it may be too heavy for me as I like lighter scents. I really wanted to try the body cleansing oil in the scent and maybe the body lotion (does she do it in a body butter?) so if she has a set like that for a decent price, I may give it a try. It sounds very intriguing to me.

I am also interested in her other scents but again, I don't really want to buy the perfume since I don't really wear it much.

HD, from what I recall of the original, I'd classify it as a lighter scent. But still had a presence. :-)

Occasional Contributor
On 9/16/2014 HappyDaze said:

HappyDaze ~ The cleansing oil/lotion combo would give you a light scent. When you asked about body butter, yes, she does have one. However, the lotion is on the thicker side, very much a cream consistency, & that might suit you well.

As for those asking about the mascara, I wore it in its heyday & I have it now. I wear it on the rare times I want a wowza look. For those times, it's wonderful. Might wear it more often if it weren't in black. For reference, dramatic lashes are rarely my aim, so I'm not fond of the brands promoted here & I really disliked the Jordana, so for everyday I prefer Clump Crusher + Blinc.

Honored Contributor
On 9/16/2014 babs said:

HappyDaze ~ The cleansing oil/lotion combo would give you a light scent. When you asked about body butter, yes, she does have one. However, the lotion is on the thicker side, very much a cream consistency, & that might suit you well.

As for those asking about the mascara, I wore it in its heyday & I have it now. I wear it on the rare times I want a wowza look. For those times, it's wonderful. Might wear it more often if it weren't in black. For reference, dramatic lashes are rarely my aim, so I'm not fond of the brands promoted here & I really disliked the Jordana, so for everyday I prefer Clump Crusher + Blinc.

Thank you Babs, very helpful! Smiley Happy I will definitely put the lotion and body cleansing oil (oh and I think she had a body oil at one time, need to see if she still does!) on my wishlist. And the mascara. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}