Occasional Contributor

This Friday I am celebrating my 32nd anniversary and my hubby is taking me out on the town and I want to get my makeup done, Can anyone suggest a good place to get it done? Smile

Honored Contributor

Any cosmetic counter at a dept store will do your make up they do require a purchase, also Sephora does make up but I am not sure there is a fee for that

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Does your salon do makeup? If so try them because they see you quite often and know what type of look you like. Happy Anniversary!

Super Contributor

Happy Anniversary!

My suggestion would be to find a Bobby Brown makeup counter- they always do nice, subtle makeup- never "over the top". There SA's are very knowledgeable.

IMO if you go to Sephora, you never know if you are getting someone brand new that may not know how to make you look your best . (this has been my experience at times there). They also require a $50.0 purchase requirement for makeover's- not exactly sure what other places would charge.

I also second Tricolor's suggestion- if your salon does makeup I would definitely look into that.

Either way, enjoy your evening out with your DH!

Super Contributor

Congratulations.

If you have a Bare Minerals boutique nearby, they do make overs for free.

Aveda stores and salons offer that service, not sure if they charge or not.

My tidbit of advice, don't hesitate to make your preferences known. I realize you want to look especially fabulous and maybe want to look different than your usual, but you still want to look like you.

Michele

Honored Contributor

MAC does makeup for special occasions but if you make a purchase, any and all department store makeup counters will do makeup for you.

Occasional Contributor

Just want to say thank you to all of you for the suggestions and thank you for the post

Honored Contributor

I think Merle Norman's will do it with an appointment and I am sure they would like you to purchase something as well. Also if you have a Spa near you, they usually do makeovers for a fee, the one near me uses Glo Minerals...Otherwise a makeup counter at a local mall does them, but they do expect you to make a purchase and you really have to be specific on what type of look you are going for. I had one a few years ago at Estee Lauder and boy oh boy, I couldn't wait to get home and scrub my face-waaay too much makeup, so be very specific as to what you are looking for!!! Happy Anniversary!!!!!Have fun!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Occasional Contributor

Yeah I have had makeovers at department store's and I either come out pale or orange lol I'm going to try a salon Smiley Happy thank's for the advice Smiley Happy