Respected Contributor

Question for those who currently use the new liquid BE foundation.

Do you apply a primer first or a moisturizer?

I have oily skin and larger pores so I find a base of 'something' helps minimize my pores but I uncertain if this is approp with the new serum foundation.

I ordered the TSV but was unable to see any of the presentations.

Thank you!

Smile

Trusted Contributor

Re: Question for those who currently use the new liquid BE foundation.

I have oily skin and I think this is a little oil absorbing (which is good for me, but might be drying to some). I use a moisturizer under it, and it works well. I also apply it directly to my skin but in my dry areas (cheeks and a few places where my skin gets flaky from retin a) the serum looks drying. So if you have true oily skin with no dry patches, I don't think you need anything under it.
Respected Contributor

The first shade I ordered did not work. The second shade I ordered was perfect for my skin tone. I normally use primer under powder foundation but did not use primer under this foundation but used my normal moisturizer. It looked great when I left the house. I loved it and was ready to switch over to this foundation. When I got home after working all day, I felt like I had an oil slick on my face. I have combination skin - oily on much of my face, normal on the rest. Sadly, I returned the foundation because I hated the look I got after wearing it for a number of hours. I think it is just too rich for my skin. It probably works better for women who have dry skin. I really wanted to order the TSV but just couldn't because I already knew that the foundation would not work for me. That said, I really hope it works for you because it is a beautiful product.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Respected Contributor

oh boy! One thing that is a deal breaker for me is wear time. I am not the type to powder and blot my make-up throughout the day, but I hate it when at the end of the day my make-up has disappeared!

This sounds like there is going to be some trial and error.

I am thinking that the Goss method may be useful with the make-up??!!? {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Super Contributor

I know some people love this foundation, but it really accented my pores and made my face greasy. I could never achieve a natural look. I even went to a boutique to make sure I had the right color. The SA applied the liquid on half my face and the matte mineral powder foundation in the other half. The colors matched perfectly, but the powder side looked much better than the liquid. The liquid emphasized every pore and fine line on my face, while the powder really did give me more of an airbrushed look, everyone in the boutique agreed.