Super Contributor
Thought I'd post a tip I heard from Mally that I have never heard before, as a makeup junkie I thought I had heard them all! The other day I heard Mally say to apply blush slightly below the apples of your cheek to avoid looking "clownish". I decided to try this and I really like it. I had always noticed after I had finished with concealer I was happy with the results until I put my blush on and then the darkness showed right back up like the bush was drawing attention to my dark circles. With the new blush application my darkness under my eyes is much improved and I like the way my blush looks too. So I thought I'd pass this along since I was really happy with the results, thought someone else might like this too.
Super Contributor

Great tip,thanks for sharing!

Honored Contributor

Sherrie08, it is a good tip, but it might be age-specific.

At some point, you might not want to apply blush lower than the apple of the cheek because age can hollow out that area and blush can drag it down when you want it to lift you up.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor
Here is an item number where you can see Mallys tip when you watch the video. I thought someone might like to see her demonstrate this. Sorry I couldn't post a link to the video directly, couldn't get it to work. Item # A255144
Respected Contributor
Thank you!
Respected Contributor
At my age I find putting blush high up on the apple of my cheek and using my fingers to spread toward my hairline, lifts my cheeks up.
Super Contributor
On 9/16/2014 BeautyAddiction said: At my age I find putting blush high up on the apple of my cheek and using my fingers to spread toward my hairline, lifts my cheeks up.

I'd always used it the Mally way, until I got to the "at my age" stage. I attempted to apply exactly as you describe for exactly the same reason, but with the beginning of malar festoons and dark circles (and some undereye sinking) it just didn't work. :-( Happy you're able to achieve that look!

Valued Contributor

I tried applying my blush this way today and it looks nice! I used Trish McEvoy Cheek Color in the pen and dabbed it not entirely below the apples of my cheeks but midway and down a bit and patted it in til I had a natural flush. I had been applying it high up which I read is better for women of a certain age but it always ended up too close to the crinkles by the corners of my eyes. Thanks for the tip

Super Contributor

What?? nope I don't think so!

Trusted Contributor

Will try this. Thank you.