Super Contributor

Does anyone use any Eucerin products?

I need a change in skin care, and my dermatologist recommended Eucerin products. My skin is very sensitive, breakout prone, and my skin is dryer and has redness in the cooler months. I need a new cleanser and moisturizer. Any recommendations? Thanks
Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone use any Eucerin products?

Use of DMDM Hydantoin, parabens, sulfates are enough to make me question the quality of this line, believe me, you can do a lot better.

Respected Contributor

I like the redness relief cleanser. I have rosacea and it was very gentle and cleansed well The Eucerin sunscreen I used had a green tint which I do not care for. It does a good job protecting from sunburn though.

Trusted Contributor

My dermatologist recommended Eucerin or Aveeno products. I use Eucerin Intensive Care Hand cream. Never had anything work as well as this. I keep a tube in the car and in my desk. Also I use the body moistuizer for extremely dry skin...Comes in a large tube. Can't think of the name right now and not home to check. I like the products and have used them quite awhile,
Respected Contributor

Mixed review for this product:

Body lotion w/SPF15 don't like it at all!!! It leaves a 'waxy' film on my skin and feels horrible.

Face lotion SPF 30 no problems.

Aquaphor, feels like Vaseline on your skin. Works for specific skin issues.

Eczema Relief: So, so. Works a little bit to reduce redness & itchiness.

Respected Contributor

I don't know about all of their products, but some of them do contain the preservative Methylisothiazolinone, which causes severe irritation in some people. I've only just begun to learn about this ingredient, after a severe case of hives from a product that recently changed their ingredient deck to include this preservative. I do remember trying a Eucerin moisturizer sample awhile back (can't remember which one), and it caused some irritation. After learning about Methylisothiazolinone, I was surprised to see some of the products I've used for years contain this preservative, yet I never had a reaction until a couple of months ago. From what I've learned increased exposure to certain ingredients can eventually lead to an allergic reaction you may not have initially had. I think that's what occurred with me and this ingredient. Anyway, not trying to scare - just sharing my experience. There are other products out there that contain Methylisothiazolinone, too, and not just Eucerin.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

On 9/15/2014 i like celery said:

I don't know about all of their products, but some of them do contain the preservative Methylisothiazolinone, which causes severe irritation in some people. I've only just begun to learn about this ingredient, after a severe case of hives from a product that recently changed their ingredient deck to include this preservative. I do remember trying a Eucerin moisturizer sample awhile back (can't remember which one), and it caused some irritation. After learning about Methylisothiazolinone, I was surprised to see some of the products I've used for years contain this preservative, yet I never had a reaction until a couple of months ago. From what I've learned increased exposure to certain ingredients can eventually lead to an allergic reaction you may not have initially had. I think that's what occurred with me and this ingredient. Anyway, not trying to scare - just sharing my experience. There are other products out there that contain Methylisothiazolinone, too, and not just Eucerin.

Hum, I'm looking at the body lotion and the face lotion and don't see this ingredient listed.

Respected Contributor

My skin is hyper-sensitive, dry and I have rosacea. I love this product. It's not oily or greasy and I don't break out.

Eucerin Daily Protection SPF 30 Moisturizing Face Lotion

Active Ingredients (sunscreens): Ensulizole 2.0%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 4.5%, Titanium Dioxide 2.38%, Zinc Oxide 4.85%.

Other Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sodium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Alumina, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin.

Super Contributor

EUCERIN is a great product ! The dermatologist recommended it for my son's exema when he was little . We keep a huge tub of it in our medicine cabinet at all times and use it especially in the winter. You can buy hand cream , body lotions, etc... Would highly recommend.

Super Contributor

ps....would also highly recommend it for sunburns !! Takes the heat out AND keeps the skin from drying out.