Trusted Contributor

I get Migraine Botox and it has a nice side effects: look 5-10 yrs younger, refreshed,- the skin under my brow won't cover my upper eye lid making my eyes look closed or tired or angry and my eyes will be visible again, so will my eyeshadow if I choose to wear it.

For those that do need or cannot qualify for Migraine Botox- save up for regular Botox because in the end you'll get great( usually) effects and save more money than you'd ever imagine.

Skincare doesn't really lift anything, it can't. You're muscles do the lifting, the ingredients in skincare cannot penetrate all the layers of skin, fat,etc. if they got to the muscle and could be effective we'd have muscles doing weird things, it also would effect the nerves as well. At best it plumps temporarily, but in doing so it pushes out your skin and then your skin retracts causing more damage with the constant stretching.

I know there are skincare ingredients such as sirtuins, stem cells, collagen and elastin stimulators, etc, but they have their limits, fillers and other injectables are available, machine skincare, then there's the route of surgery, implants, etc.

If I ever stop getting Migraine Botox then I'll get Cosmetic Botox. May even try that soon for other facial areas.

Wish I knew the effects sooner, I'd have save a lot of money and look better years ago.

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Trusted Contributor

My sister gets cosmetic botox and has stated that she no longer gets headaches. She didn't get migraines, but was prone to frequent tension headaches. I actually did not realize there were two grades of botox though. I'm glad you are happy with the results. How frequently do you get it?

Trusted Contributor

Migrain Botox is given across the forehead about 6 shots, then it's given on each side of the head- in 2 rows-starting from the ears: above and below in 2 separate rows going all the way back behind the head, then up the back of the head side by side rows- then down each side of the back of the neck and a little on top of the shoulders if you also have neck pain.

if you were to draw an imaginary line from the forehead back to your neck- all injections are done on each side and back of the head a total of 30+ - 50 injections.

It has helped with both vascular and muscular migraines I get, and neck pain.

The positive side effects of eyebrow lifting and forehead smoothing is pretty nice.

Insurance is very thorough in deciding if they'll pay for it:

you must have tried 3 prophylaxis daily medications ( usually not together, tried one then switched to another. etc., or sometimes a few at the same time) to qualify and they cannot be the migraine meds that you only take when you get a migraine such as Imitrex, they have to be daily preventative meds, one being a betablocker ( blood pressure med) and a few others they allow. I still have to take the betablocker and other med though.

They review the Dr.s notes or the entire record. Not all insurances cover, There are ways to get coverage and Allergan has a coupon of sort to help and they even offer a certain amt of money back if you have certain insurance. I didn't qualify for that, but my insurance did cover about $1800 of the $2000+ for what my Dr. would charge.

Having the help for migraines and neck pain is the MOST important factor for me, and I'll continue every 3 months, but the nice side effect IS pretty nice for my face and purse.

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

My friend got migraine Botox, and she is still getting big time migraines!!!

Honored Contributor

8 years ago I received Botox in the back for muscle spasms and chronic back pain. I did it at Stanford. Wow! The slight bulge between my bra and waist in the back lifted up. I loved that!

My friend had botox for migraines, and it didn't help. But they may not have done it right. This was about 7 years ago

Super Contributor
I don't get migraines, but I do get Botox! I use Vitamin C & Retin A, but only Botox will work on the deep crease between the brows & a couple forehead lines!
Contributor

I have a very good friend who has had migraine headaches since she was a little girl. She has started getting botox shots every three months for her migraines and she said it has changed her life. I am so glad she has found something that truly helps and her insurance does cover the shots.

Trusted Contributor
On 9/15/2014 Vamp said:

My sister gets cosmetic botox and has stated that she no longer gets headaches. She didn't get migraines, but was prone to frequent tension headaches. I actually did not realize there were two grades of botox though. I'm glad you are happy with the results. How frequently do you get it?

It stops me from grinding my teeth. In fact, I know when I need it again, not by how it looks, but when the headaches come back. When grinding, I wake up with headaches.

Trusted Contributor
On 9/15/2014 debcakes said:
On 9/15/2014 Vamp said:

It stops me from grinding my teeth. In fact, I know when I need it again, not by how it looks, but when the headaches come back. When grinding, I wake up with headaches.

What is the difference in the grades of botox, I have horrible headaches, tension and migraines, TMJ is out of control, its just bone on bone. and I have degenerative disk in my neck, worse on right side.

I go to pain mngt. and have for going on 8 yrs now. I'm really tired of all these meds. and have heard about Botox for these conditions. What Dr. do you talk with about it ? Or what Dr. does your botox ? Of coarse you want one that knows how to make you look right in the process, and how hard is it to get your ins. to cover it ?

Thanks for a sharing any info to see about getting started.

deja vu

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor
On 9/15/2014 deja vu said:
On 9/15/2014 debcakes said:
On 9/15/2014 Vamp said:

What is the difference in the grades of botox, I have horrible headaches, tension and migraines, TMJ is out of control, its just bone on bone. and I have degenerative disk in my neck, worse on right side.

I go to pain mngt. and have for going on 8 yrs now. I'm really tired of all these meds. and have heard about Botox for these conditions. What Dr. do you talk with about it ? Or what Dr. does your botox ? Of coarse you want one that knows how to make you look right in the process, and how hard is it to get your ins. to cover it ?

Thanks for a sharing any info to see about getting started.

deja vu

If you are seeing a neurologist, you need to be asking the doctor those type of questions.

I've been suffering from migraines for over 20 yrs. My neurologist asked me a few months ago if I wanted to try botox. I told her no because getting needles in my face was not my thang!!! Will stick w/the migraine management program I am on, thank you.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif