Regular Contributor

Who uses a very cheap facial cleanser BUT expensive serums/moisturizers, etc.

I use high end skincare products (and even makeup) but I'm thinking that a facial cleanser doesn't have to be super expensive since it should really do two things: remove dirt and makeup AND leave my skin soft and not dry or taut.

I've even been considering good old Ponds Cold Cream and removing it with my Eve Lom cleansing cloths.

What do you all do about cleansers if you splurge on skincare?

Thanks

Super Contributor

Re: Who uses a very cheap facial cleanser BUT expensive serums/moisturizers, etc.

I just nothing but Purity Made Simply, it has served me well over the past 15 years and I never want to change.

Super Contributor

Re: Who uses a very cheap facial cleanser BUT expensive serums/moisturizers, etc.

In my opinion (and experience), cheap cleansers do not completely remove my makeup, and they often dry out my skin or aggravate my rosacea.

Esteemed Contributor

I have personally found a few of the cheaper cleansers to be far superior than the expensive ones. In particular, I like Cetaphil, Neutrogenia ultra hydrating cleanser, and Neutrogenia towelettes. I also loved the "moisturizing" version of Noxema--but I think it's been discontinued. I use Josie Maren milk, Dermalogica, and Lancôme moisturizers.
Super Contributor

On 9/14/2014 Goldengate8361 said: I have personally found a few of the cheaper cleansers to be far superior than the expensive ones. In particular, I like Cetaphil, Neutrogenia ultra hydrating cleanser, and Neutrogenia towelettes. I also loved the "moisturizing" version of Noxema--but I think it's been discontinued. I use Josie Maren milk, Dermalogica, and Lancôme moisturizers.

Cetaphil and Neutrogena were moisturizing enough, but neither effectively removed all my makeup. The towelettes did remove my makeup, but were a bit drying. That was a shame, because I loved the convenience of the towelettes!

Trusted Contributor

I use Alpha Hydrox Foaming Facial Cleanser. It is very inexpensive but I stock up during the BOGO sales for an even better deal. It is given a ""Best"" rating by Paula.

Super Contributor

Come to think of it, my Purity is relatively inexpensive, when you consider that it takes me a little over 1 year to use up a 32oz. It's regularly priced at $52 on Philosophy.com, but I nab it when they have their 30%off sale. BTW - anybody know when the next sale is?

Respected Contributor

I use Cerave from WalGreens/CVS and buy when it is BOGO 50% off. It is good especially when paired with my Clarisonic. That little guy can remove concrete if need be. Cerave has two formulas, foaming for oilier skin and cream for dryer skin. This product is rated by Paula's Choice as an excellent cleaner without extra chemicals and the like but is good for the skin. I can purchase high quality and more expensive serums that are more important to me. I also do this with makeup purchasing better primer, foundation and powder versus blush and shadow.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/14/2014 Colonel Meow said:

Come to think of it, my Purity is relatively inexpensive, when you consider that it takes me a little over 1 year to use up a 32oz. It's regularly priced at $52 on Philosophy.com, but I nab it when they have their 30%off sale. BTW - anybody know when the next sale is?

I've always meant to try Purity. I wish there was a way to sample it first....
Super Contributor

On 9/14/2014 Goldengate8361 said:
On 9/14/2014 Colonel Meow said:

I've always meant to try Purity. I wish there was a way to sample it first....

It seems like the try-me size is usually included in QVC's Beauty Blender, although I'm not sure if that's true for the latest BB(?)