Super Contributor

It CC cream or Mallys new foundation which is the best?

Super Contributor

Am using Aveeno Clear Complexion BB Cream fair to light... Do like it... It gives me good coverage and also has SPF 30 and is oil free.

lovestodance

Super Contributor

thx

Super Contributor

t

Respected Contributor

Okay, I have all 3, the BE bareskin TSV as well as the II CC cream foundation spf 50 jumbo size that was in her TSV and the new Mally liquid that comes in the compact from her TSV.

I am, was on AD for all 3 but discontinued the IT. For me the IT feels very heavy on my face. It is a full coverage foundation and did do that but I don't like a heavy feel on my face. I knew I had makeup on, just wasn't for me. It also stayed a bit tacky. I have friends that love this though, just isn't for me.

The new Mally liquid in the compact is a favorite. I love the look and feel of this. The sponge that comes with it gives a more complete coverage while the tiny brush that comes with it gives a softer foundation coverage, but more than a tinted moisturizer. If I wanted to use a sponge I would pick up a better sponge. This sponge works very well for under the eye area or around the nose or to cover up any imperfection if you have any. The brush does what I want but I prefer to use my Real Techniques expert face brush for any liquid, cream or mousse foundation, gives me a flawless almost an airbrush look. I will say this so far is my new favorite foundation BUT I also know it doesn't last as long as some others, isn't as much foundation. I do hope in time Mally will give us refills for this compact. This is also buildable and so far is my favorite.

Today after so many friends raving about the new Cover Girl and Olay (got together for this) cream/mousse in a jar to try. I haven't tried it yet and really don't know why I got it since I love the new Mally. I got medium/light in this since the clerk said this is what she wears and she was even more fail than I am, said it isn't so much the color but the tone, will see, will try this later today,Monday.

I am still playing with the BE bareskin liquid foundation which I pre-ordered the TSV. I have been using it a week. I do like this foundation as well and it is buildable. The brush that comes with it while it is very nice I did find a few loose hairs on my face but it does a good job. With this one though I also prefer my real techniques expert face brush. This brush gives me the nicest finish for any foundation that is liquid/cream or mousse using a circular motion which they say to put on this new BE bareskin foundation, use a circular motion than buff. Remember to shake this new BE good before using.

I love the new blush in this BE TSV as well as the new shadow, both really nice wearable colors.

I don't like the moxie, nice color but stays sticky/tacky on me.

I also don't use the perfecting veil. For me it shows up fine lines that weren't noticeable till using this but then anything powder doesn't look good on me which surprised me that this new loose mineral blush works so well and looks so good.

I should say I have a normal to dry combo skin leaning more toward the dry side.

I am on the lighter side (always thought I was a medium till I was matched at Ulta for this BE, got bare shell, perfect for me. I got both the IT and the new Mally in Light, both a perfect color for me.

I also have my foundation, any makeup, on for a long time. I put it on anywhere between 12 noon and 4 PM and it is on till around 7 AM or later the next morning. All lasted for me.

Honored Contributor

I've got the IT TSV, that included the jumbo tube of the CC+ Cream, on A/D. I really like it, but I also like some Korean (MISSHA) BB/CC creams as well. No matter which one I use, I also use a powder over the top - either Laura Geller's Baked Elements or Laura Geller Color Optics. I just got a sample of Laura Mercier's new Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide the other day. The color isn't a great match, but it went on well and set nicely. I was surprised that I liked it at all, I haven't had great success with liquid foundations in the past.

Honored Contributor

Neither. Laura Mercier has a new oil-free foundation that is very lightweight, flawless, it's like a 2nd skin - cutting edge foundation. Med. coverage. Best I have used to date.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor
On 9/15/2014 doglover3 said:

Okay, I have all 3, the BE bareskin TSV as well as the II CC cream foundation spf 50 jumbo size that was in her TSV and the new Mally liquid that comes in the compact from her TSV.

I am, was on AD for all 3 but discontinued the IT. For me the IT feels very heavy on my face. It is a full coverage foundation and did do that but I don't like a heavy feel on my face. I knew I had makeup on, just wasn't for me. It also stayed a bit tacky. I have friends that love this though, just isn't for me.

The new Mally liquid in the compact is a favorite. I love the look and feel of this. The sponge that comes with it gives a more complete coverage while the tiny brush that comes with it gives a softer foundation coverage, but more than a tinted moisturizer. If I wanted to use a sponge I would pick up a better sponge. This sponge works very well for under the eye area or around the nose or to cover up any imperfection if you have any. The brush does what I want but I prefer to use my Real Techniques expert face brush for any liquid, cream or mousse foundation, gives me a flawless almost an airbrush look. I will say this so far is my new favorite foundation BUT I also know it doesn't last as long as some others, isn't as much foundation. I do hope in time Mally will give us refills for this compact. This is also buildable and so far is my favorite.

Today after so many friends raving about the new Cover Girl and Olay (got together for this) cream/mousse in a jar to try. I haven't tried it yet and really don't know why I got it since I love the new Mally. I got medium/light in this since the clerk said this is what she wears and she was even more fail than I am, said it isn't so much the color but the tone, will see, will try this later today,Monday.

I am still playing with the BE bareskin liquid foundation which I pre-ordered the TSV. I have been using it a week. I do like this foundation as well and it is buildable. The brush that comes with it while it is very nice I did find a few loose hairs on my face but it does a good job. With this one though I also prefer my real techniques expert face brush. This brush gives me the nicest finish for any foundation that is liquid/cream or mousse using a circular motion which they say to put on this new BE bareskin foundation, use a circular motion than buff. Remember to shake this new BE good before using.

I love the new blush in this BE TSV as well as the new shadow, both really nice wearable colors.

I also don't use the perfecting veil. For me it shows up fine lines that weren't noticeable till using this but then anything powder doesn't look good on me which surprised me that this new loose mineral blush works so well and looks so good.

I should say I have a normal to dry combo skin leaning more toward the dry side.

I am on the lighter side (always thought I was a medium till I was matched at Ulta for this BE, got bare shell, perfect for me. I got both the IT and the new Mally in Light, both a perfect color for me.

I also have my foundation, any makeup, on for a long time. I put it on anywhere between 12 noon and 4 PM and it is on till around 7 AM or later the next morning. All lasted for me.

UPDATE:

today I used the new Cover Girl with the Olay already in it. It comes in a far, is more like a whipped cream or mousse foundation and I do like it. I used my Real Techniques expert face brush. I dotted a few places on my face than using a circular motion(same way I apply both the new Mally liquid and the new BE liquid as well as the IT CC cream foundation). In this I got medium light and it is the perfect match to all other 3, IT in light, Mally in light and new BE bareskin in bare shell. This went on flawlessly as well as both the Mally liquid and the BE bareskin liquid. The coverage is a bit more than the new BE bareskin and about the same as the new Mally liquid in the compact which is more than the BE bareskin but not as much as the IT CC cream which seems very heavy on me.

The new CG with Olay was $13.99 at Target and I would say it is as good as both the new BE bareskin and the new Mally liquid but so it is just a matter of preference which you prefer.

If you want to choose just between the new Mally liquid in the compact or the IT CC than I would definitely say go for the Mally unless you really like a heavier foundation feeling and want a whole lot of coverage. The Mally won't last as long so is why I also suggested the new BE bareskin and this new CG with Olay in a jar, nice size and will last. All 3, Mally, BE and CG give a flawless almost an air brush look and all 3 feel and look good on my face.

Respected Contributor
On 9/15/2014 doglover3 said:

This is a good review.... and I share some of your sentiments doglover3.

IT CC Creme was too heavy & tacky for me- even using as little as possible. In my case by the end of the day it created creases that aren't on my face. I don't need a foundation to create what looks like more wrinkles, thank you very much! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I know many love IT CC... and can see how it might work very well for some.

I haven't tried Mally's foundation- but this review and others make me really want to!

I'm too a big fan of the Real Technique Face Brush. The application is flawless.

With BareSkin I'm refining this to work best for me. I find that the smallest amount works best. In my case it's about 3 drops. I do have to mix 2 colors to get the perfect match, but that doesn't bother me- I usually have to do this with others foundations & it lasts twice as long. doglover is absolutely right- Shaking the bottle well is utmost. Right now I use BareSkin most of the time. I'd like to try Laura Mercier's new smooth finish foundation (not sure of the exact name) and Mally's. I have 2 back ups of Real Techniques Face/Foundation Brush I love it that much and it allows me to have a clean brush at all times. I use both the BareSkin brush and RT to apply BareSkin. I think I get a bit better control & application with RT.

I'm not purchasing the BE TS. I already have plenty of blushes and eyeshadow I love. No burning desire to try the pressed Mineral Veil. I can tell I wouldn't like the gloss.

Respected Contributor
Chanel Aqua lumiere. Covers beautifully,feels like nothing on my face,lasts all day,looks very natural, so worth every penny. Costs a lot of pennies though. If you can do it I think it is the best of the best.