Contributor

Maracuja Oil - Passion Fruit Oil

I love oils for skin care; but normally they are very expensive.

I found this article:....."Oxford, CT (9/12/2012) - Natural Sourcing is pleased to announce the inclusion of Cold Pressed Passionfruit Seed Oil within its growing line of specialty oils for use in personal care product development.

Passion flower is native to the Amazon and other tropical regions of North and South America. Many botanical species of passion flower exist. Passion flower from the species Passiflora incarnata is a long, woody vine that produces beautiful, exquisite flowers and a delicious, nourishing fruit. Each vine reaches an average length of about 50 meters. The passion flower has been used medicinally for hundreds of years, and its benefits are scientifically documented. It is most widely known for its sedative, anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-spasmodic properties.

Passionfruit Seed Oil is sometimes called Passion Flower Oil or Maracuja Oil.

INCI: Passiflora incarnata (Passionfruit) Seed Oil
Method of Extraction: Cold Pressed
Shelf Life: 1 Year
Country of Origin: Brazil "

So, is this the same thing? A215554

Customer Top Rated
QVC Price:$47.00
Frequent Contributor

Re: Maracuja Oil - Passion Fruit Oil

Yes, it is the same. I like the Tarte Maracuja oil. If you are interested in purchasing, Ulta has the 21 days of beauty going on. And on Sept 27, they will have the Tarte Maracuja oil on special for $25.

Super Contributor

Re: Maracuja Oil - Passion Fruit Oil

I use Tarte Maracuja oil on my brows and on my nails.

I used to have thin nails that peeled and broke off before getting much length but when I started use the maracuja oil on my cuticles I can get length and strength. When I've stopped using the oil then my nails would return to there original condition so continuing usage is important.

I had nicely arched tweezed brows but with non existent "tails", I had to "create" one. I decided that I wanted to allow my brows in grow in but the wait as well as dealing with the sparse new growth wasn't very appealing. Well one evening I had an "ah ha" moment while applying the oil to my cuticles...Hair and Nails are made up of the same stuff so why not apply some oil to my brows and see what happens...well what happened was my brows grow in faster, fuller and the best part the tail hair filled in. I was shocked I had always assumed that I had plucked the tail too often and for far too long for my tails to ever come back but to my surprise I was wrong. Now don't get me wrong, the tails are still a work in process and I do fill them in but I no longer have to create one. I just fill in with a brow gel where the skin shows through the tail hairs. Oh and I now fill comfortable leaving the house to run a quick errand with doing my brows at all something I would NEVER have done in the past.