Contributor
I bought the Clarisonic plus when it was a TSV and like it but I also use isomers all-in-one total daily cleanser, which has exfoliating beads in it. I use that cleanser daily. Do I really need the Clarisonic if I get my pores clean with the isomers cleanser? I am NOT knocking clearsonic, just questioning as it is an expensive item to keep if I can achieve the same results with Isomers cleanser. What am I missing here? Does the Clarisonic do anything other than really clean out your pores? By the way, I have 63 year old dry, post meno with an oily T zone, but otherwise in really pretty good shape. I would appreciate any and all thoughts as I need to send the Clarisonic back this weekend if I am NOT going to keep it. I would appreciate your thoughts. TIA
Super Contributor

Do you use the beaded wash twice daily? I know the clarisonic is not to be used as an exfoliator, only a cleaning enhancer. Try it out for a few days, if you don't want it, send it back. However, I wouldn't use the beaded wash with it. Not only may it be too harsh on your skin, the beads may damage the motor.

I have been waiting for my original clarisonic to die before getting a new one, I want to the plus. Unfortunately, it just wont stop! I am wanting the plus for the body functions... I'll just have to keep waiting, but I'm sure I will just have to give it up sometime and bite the bullet.

Trusted Contributor

Exfoliating beads are detrimental to the environment. Just putting that out there for anyone who cares.

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/microbeads-soaps-facing-bans-due-great-lakes-pollution

Honored Contributor

Aren't they doing two different things though, the beads are exfoliating dead skin cells the clarisonic is deep cleansing with the sonic technology. I know that clarisonic has said you can use the philosophy micro delivery wash as the cleanser with the clarisonic. Not sure if your product is comparable.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Occasional Contributor
I agree that they are meant to do two different jobs. For me, both are essential for good skin. I was skeptical about the difference clarisonic could make, even for the first week or so using it ( I broke out in t zone) but a year later, I couldn't be without it. It has improved my skin- bottom line. Give it a chance through the return period at least. Nothing to lose with that approach.
Super Contributor

I say give it time as well.

I purchase mine as the TSV as well...

I typically used it at night - occasionally in the AM as well - with the ASDM cleanser.

At night, I wash my face first with whatever cleanser I'm using at the time (PTR, Bliss, Mario Badescu, etc. etc)

Frankly, I thought I was doing a great job BEFORE the Clarisonic because I exfoliatied regularly, etc. My 67 year old skin has always been pretty good, except for some sun damage and an occasional breakout.

And for the first couple of weeks, I was not sure that I would keep the Clariisonic...but now I am starting to see a difference in the texture of my skin...I am getting some little breakouts around my nose which I attribute to better cleansing.

So I say stick with it for sure! having tried the body part, but will if I can ever remember to take the darn thing into the shower with me!!!

Contributor

OMG - that is what I was missing! The exfoliation is one thing but the sonic technology is what goes into the skin and refines your skin - duh. I just watched some you tube videos and got some pointers there as well (did not know you could take the outside ring of the brush off for around the nose - wow, that is a huge difference)! Thank you all - I intend to keep it now {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}